Who has agreed value or collector insurance on a Fox body?

I'm sending an application to American Hobbyist. They quoted me $165 a year for $8000 coverage.

I just switched to them about a month ago and my policy is the same $8000 for $163 a year. I was paying $150 every three months with Shelter Insurance. They seem like a good company.

I tried Hargerty and they wouldn't insure it because it is not 20years old and it is modified. If it were stock it would be no problem. I know that Hargerty is a good company, as many people in my car club use them.

• Sponsors (?)

I have been meaning to do an Agreed Value Policy through American Hobbyist. One thing I have always been curious of though is if someone plows into your car and is 100% at Fault then their Insurance Company would be paying, so would they have to give you the Agreed Value?

I have been meaning to do an Agreed Value Policy through American Hobbyist. One thing I have always been curious of though is if someone plows into your car and is 100% at Fault then their Insurance Company would be paying, so would they have to give you the Agreed Value?

In short form...no. Mind you I'm in BC and I'm in insurance, but I would be surprised if it were any different. The best thing you could do in that situation is give them (if it has been) the evaluation of your cars worth, your insurance policy, reciepts and a list of everything it would cost to replace. Your agreed value is for own damage coverage and for comprehensive (fire/theft/vandalism, etc.).

In short form...no. Mind you I'm in BC and I'm in insurance, but I would be surprised if it were any different. The best thing you could do in that situation is give them (if it has been) the evaluation of your cars worth, your insurance policy, reciepts and a list of everything it would cost to replace. Your agreed value is for own damage coverage and for comprehensive (fire/theft/vandalism, etc.).

That sucks! Think if you owned a 71 Hemi Cuda and some Drunk plowed into it and totalled it, the value of the car is over a Million bucks, but Blue Book would never show it that way.

It all depends on your state and the individual policy. Most policies have a maximum liability amount, so if the guy's max amount is say $25,000, and your car is totaled by someone and it is worth more, then your insurance company pays the overage. Here in Texas it is through the uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage of regular insurance.

As for the collector car insurance, all the ones I've checked into the insurance is full coverage and it replaces your regular coverage. But of course all the limitations apply to keep the liability down, thus the lower prices. I bet the insurance company would just pay out the claim and then sue to collect the damages from the other guy's insurance company. But that would be a good question to ask them.

I'm looking for a insurance where I can also be able to take the car to the track and be insured there. Hobbyist doesn't have that. Also, unlimited mileage I wan't to enjoy my car I hate rubbing cars down with a diaper and being a rev king.

I'm looking for a insurance where I can also be able to take the car to the track and be insured there. Hobbyist doesn't have that. Also, unlimited mileage I wan't to enjoy my car I hate rubbing cars down with a diaper and being a rev king.

To the best of my knowledge, no insurance company will ever cover you on the track and I've heard (second and third hand) of insurance companies cancelling policies of people that take their cars to the track. Also, when I checked into collector's insurance, all the companies had mileage restrictions on the cars.

I'm really looking at American Hobbyist because you have unlimited mileage. My main question is my wife and I carpool to work since we have the same schedule and the mustang is a extra car. Will they make me have to cars or can I fudge on that a bit?

I have agreed value with State Farm, they gave me 25K value, it"s cheaper than all my other vehicles and it is year round coverage. On my 93 cobra, 96 cobra, and 2000 Lightning I take part of the coverage off for 6 months to save a few bucks, but you can't drive them during that period. I think that I will put the 93 cobra in agreed value if I can.

I'm gonna have to call AAA to see what they can do for me. My 91 notch is actually a 4cyl car so insurance is cheap with PLPD because the car isn't worth crap on paper, but with the work.......I need to get it appraised this year. Even if I just tell them insure it for 5K I will be happy. I have to do the same for the 81, because that car has 100 times the hours I have in my 91.

I'm really looking at American Hobbyist because you have unlimited mileage. My main question is my wife and I carpool to work since we have the same schedule and the mustang is a extra car. Will they make me have to cars or can I fudge on that a bit?

No, you can just insure your car through them and keep the other car with whoever you currently use.

It was kind of already answered, but when I switched the 90 to American they told me that with Agreed value, if another party is at fault the other insurance company will pay what they are going to pay and American returns you the difference on the agreed value. She said, they then in-turn work with (or sue) the other insurance company for the difference back to them. This way the costumer has already been paid their full amount and doesn't get involved in the legal process.

As with most of these companies for "collector" type car insurance they are banking on that you don't drive the vehicle that much and when you do you are a responsible driver. Which in turn keeps cost down, and keeps you coming back as a client.

I drive my car 5k miles a year or so and i have around $8000 in it, i live in wisconsin, what would be a good insurance company to try and get full coverage from????