Who has "C" Springs in a 99+GT???

Srpera

Jan 8, 2004
MA
I installed "C" springs in my 99GT. After a night of settling, the rear fender gap is 3 fingers and the front fender gap is 4 fingers. I don't remember this with my 95GT. I suppose I should take out one or both of the front isolators. I don't know if just removing one will give me a whole finger... The rears settled down alot during the night.

How do you "C" spring guys have your springs installed (isolators, etc..)???

• Sponsors (?)

I don't have C springs yet, but I want to get them. When I was comparing the Cs to others, I read that they are supposed to have a 1-1.25" drop in the front and a .75-1" drop in the rear. Sounds like they are settling normally. All of the other brands I looked at had even drops front and rear. I would probably be more concerned if I had a problem right and left.

i'm curious too, originally i was going to go with Eibach's Pro Kit but half the price for C springs is -very- good in my book...

do you have pics? and maybe after a week the front will settle more? isn't the front suppose to drop more than the rear with C springs? :scratch:

Looks to me that if using C springs, you don't need to put the bottom isolator back on (the pia one that you have to slide on). This is to achieve an equal fender spacing.

sh1t guys. I've heard some stories where guys with c-springs don't get the drop they want. Odd because with my c-springs on my '02GT the drop is damn nice. my front was around 1.5 and the rear (which i had cut one full coil) was a around the same drop as the front. The car now sits perfectly level and i do still have the stock isolaters on. I'll post pics soon.

p.s. i had no need for c/c plates and many of my friends has had perfect drops like me.

I wanted a little more drop so I cut my own isolators out of thin rubber. Now I don't have to worry about metal on metal rubbing and making tons of noise, and I got a little more drop. The stock isolators have metal strips inside them so they don't compress beyond the thickness of the metal, and that is why I just put in rubber circles.

KaPPaBaLL said:
for real. go bilstein jon ebay $459 for everything

-john
More than I'd like to spend... ~$300 for mach 1 and c springs is great... Handling isn't a big concern of mine... atleast not when I'm poor like this :p

RacerGT said:
http://images.racergt.com/308.jpg

Here is one of my favorite pics of my drop with C springs, no isolators. 2 fingers in front and about 4 fingers in back. I love it.

Go to http://www.racergt.com/ for more pics.
That's real nice :) Stock shocks/struts? did you need C/C plates?

JonJon said:
More than I'd like to spend... ~$300 for mach 1 and c springs is great... Handling isn't a big concern of mine... atleast not when I'm poor like this :p

That's real nice :) Stock shocks/struts? did you need C/C plates?

Stock struts, no c/c plates. Thanks. :D

For the record, my stock struts are blown to hell after 53k miles. :rlaugh:

Well, I found my problem. When I installed the springs, the drivers front spring wasn't seated properly. I took the fronts out to take one of the isolators off of each and found one spring wasn't seated right....