Who has got an intake ready to install...

explorer lower runner is 5" and just like backfocus found, all the runners were within a few mm of each other. there isnt a real variation like the stock intake where I noticed that some runners were up to an inch longer than the rest
the stock intake runners averaged out at 6"

on another note
I love the metric system as well.

I'm an engineer, and the metric system is just so much easier to use.

I do most of my designs and measurements in cm/mm if i can get away with it.

FINALLY!

• Sponsors (?)

stykthyn - You follow the curve walls of the intake. You end up taking two measurements, then add them together and divide by 2 to get the average:)

Mike - Very nice:nice: That is some good info.

1991vert - I believe the stock measurements on the TFS-R for the bottom ports are 2.00" x 1.20", so if you could just get some good accurate info on the top lower intake ports:nice:

That would be good:nice:

Numbers from one of the middle ports would be pretty nice.

Also, measuring just the lower intakes runner length would be benefecial, unless you can access both the lower runners and upper runners.

I got measurements from my Systemax upper/lower and truck lower/Saleen upper. The intakes are pretty much identical, and the uppers/lowers of each are interchangeable. My caliper is at work so I did this in mm with a tape measure then converted.

Systemax lower topside:
Length-60mm/2.36"
Width-35mm/1.38"
Systemax lower bottom:
Length-55mm/2.17"
Width-30mm/1.18"

The truck lower measures identical on the top side, but the bottom is a little smaller.
Bottom:
Length-50mm/1.97"
Width-30mm/1.18"

The uppers measure identically. I wish I had the Saleen lower for comparison.

Edit: Measurements are from a middle runner. The length looks to be about the same as the others previously mentioned. I'd say about 5"

keep in mind there is an adapter plate which lets the complete "upper" part bolt to the lower intake manifold.

-Adapter plate: 1.0"

-Top of "Ribs" on upper intake to ground, including adapter: 7 7/8" tall

-Flat part of upper intake (above throttle body opening) to ground: 7 1/2"tall

-Runner Length from adapter plate to where the runners form inside the upper: 5 1/4"

-Runner Openings 2 3/8" X 1 3/8"

for clearance purposes, i don't see why the adapter plate couldn't be milled 1/4" to 1/2". it must be milled from the UPPER INTAKE SIDE. the allen head bolts which mate the adapter plate and upper intake bolt in from the bottom and are counter-sunk; the otherside is flat.

hope this helps ya out