Who has KYBs or Tokicos?

Well this is what I have right now-

Used BBK 5.0 Mustang front lowering coils
Stock '98 GT (I think) rear coils with overload airbags

These lowered the car probably around 1.5-2".

It also has:

Subframe connectors
Maximum Motorsports STB
MM K-member brace
Stock front swaybar (1 5/16") with poly bushings & aftermarket endlinks
'99 GT rear swaybar (7/8")

As it is, it handles awesome, but the ride pretty well sucks. It's really stiff and you get jostled over every bump. I hate driving down rough roads because I'm afraid something is gonna fall off the car.

So, that's why I think adjustable would be nice. Anything better than how it is now would be great.

BTW Henceforward, did you abandon us over in the BHR?

• Sponsors (?)

I have KYB Gas-A-Just Shocks Rear, KYB GR-2 Struts Front...

The ride is really rough even at stock height with OEM springs. The twisties are really fun however, and the car is very responsive when I push it. Add Full length subframes, and I couldn't ask more for an entry level kit. Before the KYBs the OEM stuff was not very reassuring. At least with the Cheapo KYB stuff the car stays where it needs to be. Speed bumps are back breaking even at 0 mph.

I should have just bought Bilsteins. :(

+1 i have almost the same setup. The cars glued to the road but you definently swerve potholes if you see them. I havent different springs though and mines lowered a little.

kyb's are awful.
Adjustable shocks are not really handy unless you are auto -xing or racing of some sort. Bilstien's are the best money can buy, for 600 bucks maximum motorsports has ones that are valved to thier specs based on on track and on road research, with a good set of springs you will not reconize the handling and road manners of your car. sub frames are also a must becuase suspension mods on a fox without sfc are a waste of money, really get all the chassis stiffners you can, becuase fox frames are built out of soft gum erasers and salt water taffy

junk

KYBs are junk. They are MAYBE a slight improvement over the stockers if that.

They are whats on my current fox because the previous owner put them on. I have the receipt for them too, they are only about a year old and the car rides like crap.

I have Bilsteins in the garage waiting to go on in the spring. I've done Bilsteins on my last 2 Mustangs and never looked back. They completely transform the way the car handles.

If you want some KYBs cheap, I will sell you mine in the spring when I take them off, they look brand new and probably have about 1500 miles on them.

Bilsteins are expensive but worth every penny.

I've had Tokico (HP) Blues for about 5 years now and as soon as I can I'm taking them off and getting Bilstein. I don't think you can beat the Bilstein for a daily driver. Don't get me wrong the Tokicos are better than stock, but if I had it to do over again I would have spent a little more and been done with the struts/shocks.
I think it can be like anything else (sometimes) you get what you pay for.