Who here daily drives with 4.56's

Hissing Cobra said:
The C4 is what did you in. If you had an overdriven tranny, it would have been a lot better.

Yeah it sure didn't help. My coupe i have now had a C4 with 4.10s and it was pretty gnarly through all 3 gears. If you matted it in first and slapped into second while it was still spinning, it took all you had to keep it out of the ditch.

• Sponsors (?)

NC85 - You have another car to "split" the difference. Your 4.30 geared car also has a drag style setup. Showing that comfort isn't what you are after.

The only thing "split" is your personality 5spd. You have no idea how many cars I own or what my idea of comfort is.

What part of daily driver did you not understand? I'll help you out since divison seems to be a problem of yours. Add dumb plus ass together and the result is you.

Hissing Cobra said:
Who's after comfort in a street/drag racing car? When people ask about gears, they want to go fast! They want to feel the takeoff from a standing start! They're not looking for a Lazy Boy recliner that's mounted to the floorboards. They're not looking for 25 miles to the gallon. If you're looking for those types of things, you're better off if you bought a Crown Victoria.

I have 3.73's and can tick 25mpg if I wanted to. Gears don't help out that much. It is more of a band-aid in my opinion. So since I have 3.73's, I don't want to go fast. I should have got 4.10's:jaw:

Crown Vic doesn't have that good of gas mileage and are very slow. My h/c/i car is slow as can be.

NC85 - LOL.

Mid to higher 20s on the highway with 3.73s in my car, and Im sure Id run mid 12s with a 2.73 right???

Im not sure what your talking about 5-spd. I know you have knowledge and such, but WHO THE HELL said this guy wanted a luxury cruiser to get good gas mileage. Last I checked he even told people like you to stay out of his post, so by coming on a thread like this and pointing out YOUR opinion you help noone. He knows what his car needs and what he wants and thats that. Preaching about 3.73s over 4.56s is liking telling someone staying stock is better than modding, because it will feel better, get better mileage, and have better resale value. Who cares about that when you want to go fast!

NC85 said:
I do not run out of gear in the quarter (on 26 x 10.5), my car cruises from 2200 to 3200 on the highway just fine (235/50/15), and is deadly once you drop the hammer on it.

Calculate your powerband, drive in a similar geared car, then make your choice and enjoy.

Agreed.

I tach 2,300-2,700 on the highway with my 4.30's depending how fast i'm going. For my combo, it was definatly worth every penny swapping out the 3.73's for the .30's.

my car will be making more power up top. will be shifting around 6200. I will not go lower then 4.30's with this setup. but I was wondering about putting 4.56's in it. Keep the first hand experience with these gears going. please no more 4.10 or 3.73 talk.

You might try posting a similar thread in the Race tech forum. I'll attempt to look the other way at the duplicate. :rolleyes:

The 4:56s just aren't very popular for street driving and you might have better luck over there. I'll leave this thread open in case someone does come along with an answer for ya.