Who Here rides motorcycles?

I do. I just bought mine 2 weeks ago and well it is the reason so far i havent spent money on the stang lately.lol I need to though, stang needs some maintenance its over heating again. I think the thermostat needs to be replaced again on the car as well. Aside from that i just put the oem Hpipe back on for smog and no plans to take it back off yet. Anyways heres a pic of the new toy, 2007 yamaha fz1

View attachment 346329

• Sponsors (?)

Nice scoot. :nice:

There are a bunch of us in 94-95 land who ride.

My stuff is all carbed - I so want an injected bike. :banana:

Have a great time and be careful mang!

Here's mine when I got it. 2000 ZX6R that only had 725 miles on it when I picked it up in 06. It now has a Yoshimura slip on, but is otherwise stock.

2000_ZX6R_2.jpg

I used to ride dirt bikes a lot, but got out of it when cars began to take over my life. I want a bike for the street so bad.....nothing special, no crotch rockets or anything, just a first gen Suzuki SV650, but I really don't want to become a statistic (meaning, getting nailed by a car and getting brain damage, losing a limb, or getting killed, etc).

Most of street riding is situational awareness above anything else. You literally have to have eyes on the back of your head because cars simply don't see bikes. I can't really recommend anything in the way of gear for ya, but pick up a good helmet, jacket, and gloves. I'd say boots, too, but you can sometimes make due with some over the ankle leather work boots. I'd say get leather over textile for your jacket, but you'll be dying in the TX heat in the summer. Perforated leather would be your best bet, IMO. I'd love to add an SV650 to the garage, but I'm broke enough after buying a new car yesterday. A car payment, motorcycle payment, and insurance on two cars and the bike eats up pretty much any money I'd have left.