Who makes a timing cover / water pump bolt kit for 94-95 GT's???

FastGT94

Nov 20, 2003
NW Burbs, IL
I'm trying to find a good timing cover and water pump bolt kit for the 1994 5.0. The ARP kit is for older model 302's and the only other one I found at windsorfox specifically said it won't fit a 94 or 95 5.0L.

Where can I get a bolt set? I'd prefer stainless but at this point, anything will do.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

yellow5.0cobra said:
YEa the ARP ones barely fit, actually, like you said, almost none.

As for FORD...

They are just rediculous!

$12/bolt!

WOW...

Actually kinda funny, I made the same face as G'Dubs in your avatar when I read that... :lol:

The ARP ones are for pre EFI 302's and only 4 of em fit. :bang:

If no one can chime in I guess I'll just have to head to the hardware store. What size are these bolts? Anyone have their old ones, that can measure out proper lengths for me and how many I need of each size??? Mine are long gone and a few were busted anyways. :bang:

Thanks!

I guess there's a guy on ebay that sells bolt kits for EFI 5.0's I'm emailing him to find out if he makes a kit for 94-95's

Just out of curiosity, what is so different about the timing cover/water pump from 93-94?

Anyone know what the difference is between the 94-95 bolts and the 93 and below that makes them not fit????

I found a guy (boltlocker) on ebay that sells 93 and below. he's doing research to find out why (if) the 94-95's need a different kit or not.

I bought the ARP kit from either Jeg's or Summit, and some of the bolts just plain didn't work. Some too short some too long I think (it's been over a year I can't remember back that far) but anyway a HUGE help for me was to call Totally Stainless. They can make you any ARP bolt in either 6 or 12 pt head in any length in 1/4" increments. I determined what sizes I needed, gave them a call and they got me what I needed.

http://totallystainless.net/totally.html

Great help. Especially if you wanna do everything in 12pt heads, cause it looks sooo much better than a 6pt.

I also ordered the ARP bolt kit 154-1503 (12pt. black oxide) for mine and it didn't fit. I called ARP and told them that it didn't fit, and the guy told me that if I told him the underhead length of what I need, that they'd swap out the ones that didn't fit. I got all the ones I needed, and sent back the ones that didn't. They even sent a UPS call tag to pick up the bolts.

I am using the FRPP timing chain cover and water pump kit (M-8501-A50) on my 94. I think that this cover uses the same size bolts as stock, but there are a few differences on the cover. If you'd like my list of the bolt sizes, let me know and I'll hunt it down for you.

Rick

rockin_rick said:
I also ordered the ARP bolt kit 154-1503 (12pt. black oxide) for mine and it didn't fit. I called ARP and told them that it didn't fit, and the guy told me that if I told him the underhead length of what I need, that they'd swap out the ones that didn't fit. I got all the ones I needed, and sent back the ones that didn't. They even sent a UPS call tag to pick up the bolts.

I am using the FRPP timing chain cover and water pump kit (M-8501-A50) on my 94. I think that this cover uses the same size bolts as stock, but there are a few differences on the cover. If you'd like my list of the bolt sizes, let me know and I'll hunt it down for you.

Rick

do you have the sizes for these bolts? water pump/timing cover

i want to pick up a set of stainless steel bolts from the hardware store to polish up.

thanks

there are 9 bolts for the water pump. the thread size is 5/16-18. here are the measurements:
4 bolts-3 1/4
2 bolts-4 1/4
2 bolts-1 1/4
1 bolts-2 1/4
all these measurements were the uhl (underhead length)
when i ordered mine i believe i ordered them 1/4 smaller. for example the 1 1/4 inch bolts i ordered 1 inch, 2 1/4 inch bolt i ordered 2 inch, you get the point. they all went in fine and still look great.