Who wins?

• Sponsors (?)

If you had more gear i would say you would have him for sure. I don't know what kinda driver your friend is but it is hard to get a bike to do the times they say as it is hard to launch them properly. If you can get traction and he isn't the best of riders then you may get him. 7.7 in the 1/8 is good for around 12.5-12.3 in the 1/4 mile at least for a car. So keep that in mind.

If you had more gear i would say you would have him for sure. I don't know what kinda driver your friend is but it is hard to get a bike to do the times they say as it is hard to launch them properly. If you can get traction and he isn't the best of riders then you may get him. 7.7 in the 1/8 is good for around 12.5-12.3 in the 1/4 mile at least for a car. So keep that in mind.

i wish ford put something a little better in these cars than the 2.73's:nonono:

he seems to think that i wont stand a chance.....maybe if i get the n2o set up right i can set him straight

really??
before the nitrous my best time was a 9.43 with the 2.73s

so what kind of time am i looking at with an 8.8 with 3.55s +150 shot......im interested to see how long the 7.5 will go on the juice lol

i would expect about a half second in the 1/8th. 1 full second in the 1/8th is being a little optimistic, but still atainable if you can drive the balls off the car & are on slicks. so, expect about a half second gain so you aren't disappointed

As described, and assuming everyone knows how to drive/ride their respective vehicle, you haven't got a prayer from a standing start. The shorter the distance, the worse he's gonna beat you. It comes down to something called the "power-to-weight ratio".

What's with all the talk anyway? Just go out and run 'em, already. Then you'll know for sure.

You're gonna get wasted if he has any idea how to come out of the hole. I don't know much about their 1/8th mile times, but an '02 600 should be in the high 10s-low 11s with a good rider. You won't be able to spray until well into the race if you're spraying 150 on street tires. It's not even worth your time, or his, if he knows what he's doing. He can also strap down the suspension to lower the bike which will make it wheelie less and he can come out of the hole much harder. I've seen high 9 second passes run on stock 600s with strapped suspension.

As described, and assuming everyone knows how to drive/ride their respective vehicle, you haven't got a prayer from a standing start. The shorter the distance, the worse he's gonna beat you. It comes down to something called the "power-to-weight ratio".

What's with all the talk anyway? Just go out and run 'em, already. Then you'll know for sure.

I dont expect to win....he just says that I wont be within 1 1/2 seconds of him in the 1/8

He just got the bike, i just got the nitrous (in the mail yesterday) so were both new to what we have

BTW...whats the price of nitrous per pound I can expect to pay?

I don't think you'll see near an 8 flat. That's equal to mid 12s in the 1/4. You would probably see mid to high 12s on slicks, but nowhere near that with street tires. It's probably gonna blow the tires off in anything before 3rd gear when you spray it.

I don't think you'll see near an 8 flat. That's equal to mid 12s in the 1/4. You would probably see mid to high 12s on slicks, but nowhere near that with street tires. It's probably gonna blow the tires off in anything before 3rd gear when you spray it.

so what is your predection? a 8.5-9.0....the car runs a 9.4-9.6 right now

my brother ran an all stock 92 hatch with a full exhaust and 3.73s to a 8.8, so high 8s is easily managed with simple changes then nitrous should easily eclipse that imo...by AT LEAST 1/2 second

maybe im thinking wrong but wouldnt the 2.73s help prevent tire spin....it catches 99.9% in second gear right now:shrug:

so what is your predection? a 8.5-9.0....the car runs a 9.4-9.6 right now

my brother ran an all stock 92 hatch with a full exhaust and 3.73s to a 8.8, so high 8s is easily managed with simple changes then nitrous should easily eclipse that imo...by AT LEAST 1/2 second

maybe im thinking wrong but wouldnt the 2.73s help prevent tire spin....it catches 99.9% in second gear right now:shrug:
the 2.73s will kill the car out of the hole. I'm not sure, you might be 9 flat.

the 2.73s will kill the car out of the hole. I'm not sure, you might be 9 flat.

i forgot to mention that the tranny is out of a t-bird so first gear is great for acceleration (cant remember what ratio is, know it is lower than the mustang 1st gear).....i really dont see how you think a 150 shot will only improve my time 4 tenths of a second jumping from 220-230 at the flywheel to the mid-upper 300's should definitely be more than what your saying

An 1/8th mile is a very short distance (660ft). Running that much nitrous on street tires, you might not be able to use the bottle until half track. So how much is it really going to help when you're only spraying for 400ft or less. It's a lot harder to cut time off an 1/8th mile than it is 1/4 mile.