Why are you Mustang and Cobra buyers so CHEAP.

CBZGT50

Apr 21, 2005
St Louis area
I am trying to sell a wonderful car in the forums and my responses are "negotiable" although I have dropped my price three times, people still want a perfect 95 Cobra for $5000. Come on! Pay to Play. I put the money into it to perfect it, someone else will get a perfect car and they want to be cheap. Just quit it! We all want a deal but some things are just not negotiable.

• Sponsors (?)

CManT1914 said:
Why is this in tech??! :shrug: :crazy:

Seriously ... also, we all want to pay the least when we buy something and want the most money when we sell something. We have all been in your position so suck it up and try advertising somewhere else. I personally think you're crazy for trying to sell a car to people on stangnet. Most of us are knowledgable about mustangs and won't pay more than the other 95 cobra listed on here. You have to find a buyer that is just getting into mustangs and isn't an "expert" on mustangs. Mustangs are the lives of those on stangnet and we are going to find the best deal b/c we already have $20,000 worth of mods that need to be done to it before we even buy it. Find someone that is happy with the car "as is" and you'll get more money. Good luck.

CBZGT50 said:
I am trying to sell a wonderful car in the forums and my responses are "negotiable" although I have dropped my price three times, people still want a perfect 95 Cobra for $5000. Come on! Pay to Play. I put the money into it to perfect it, someone else will get a perfect car and they want to be cheap. Just quit it! We all want a deal but some things are just not negotiable.

Because you're barking up the wrong tree. Try asking twice that in a local newspaper and you'll probably get it. Nobody here wanted my '88 for 1500 bucks, when it's got a rebuilt (basically new) engine, perfect body, etc. That's just the way people are online.. if it ain't next to free, they ain't buying it.

:shrug:

Mike,

A 95 is like the least valuable year Cobra. What does he expect? This fella is making a logical error in that he is mistaking his perception of value for the actual market value. I feel his pain yet I scoff at his ignorance. Unless he's got something really special, he's got to compete with 100's of other used cars for sale.

Had the original poster asked:

"How do I sell a mint Cobra for more than $5000"

Then even though it's treading the line, I think it might have been a tech question. hehe

There are some good tips in here though. I hope the poster is able to use some of them. Selling a 95 Cobra for anything near what's been put into it to a Mustang guy is tedious work. Selling a mint 95 Cobra with a file folder full of "go fast" parts to someone that can't tell a metric socket from a standard, is money in the bank! Take the blue book value and add in condition and your list of upgrades and you should be able to find a reasonable buyer I'd think.

dude, where u at, what are you trying to say, that you want 5000 for it, or 15000 for it. what do you want, and this isn't even close to tech, tech is: My idle is ****ed up, why is my car bogging in 3rd, etc, not "Why are you Mustang and Cobra buyers so CHEAP." Most of us want to buy a peice and restore it, or buy a decent car, and restore the motor/ rebuild and add performance to motor, not spend a huge amount of money on the base car, and THAN spend a ton of money on mods, your best bet is EBAY, i sold a ****ty camaro w/ 157000 miles (perfect paint though) for 3550 - so go to ebay, it took two passes on ebay to get that, first it was 2880 or somethin - keep the spam away! lol