Why do they use its just a 4 cylinder excuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdubslugga

Jun 7, 2003
Akron, OH
Im with my buddy in his 90 lx aod with 2.73s and some bolt ons, this chump in a 96 ish eclipse flys by at like 80 miles per hour so we get him at a light but some granny is in the other lane so we get behind him, he takes off slow and merges over to the right lane my buddies thinkin he wants to line up but ive been around long enough to know what he's gonna do, he spools up the turbo and floors it like 1 length ahead so my buddy floors it and pulls on him real slow almost a dead even race the eclipse shuts it down when my buddy is maybe a foot behind, next light the kid in the eclipse is like "2.0 Litre hangin with a pos domestic, less than half the displacement, its just a 4 cylinder how does that make you feel" Needless to say he's on my ****list.

• Sponsors (?)

But it seems they forget they have a turbo

Thats a true story for sure.

Back in the day (and even some peaple still) claim there isn't a replacement for displacement. The simple fact is.. now there is. Its called technology. New cars are making more and more power with less displacement. Things like DOCH, VVT, and FI are evening the battle fields on the street.

If you don't want peple making the "its only a four cylinder" excuse then you got two choices.

Stop just keeping up with them and start spank'n em... or stop racing little 4 cylinders :rolleyes:

Have your buddy turbo the stang.. .race a 12 cylinder austin martin or something.. and see if he doesn't say... "My v8 just took out your 12 banger." I bet he does.. and if he doesn't he will be thinking it.

Playing devils advocate is fun :rolleyes:

Also, some people get into the 4 cylinder sports cars for the challenge or making a four cylinder fast. They become proud that they can perform with the larger engines with less displacement.

Its not unlike a LOT of people on this site that get into the sport to see how fast they can go with the least amount of money spent. I see the arguement on here ALL THE TIME.

"Oh, I Spanked that corvette and he spent 80k on his car and I only spent 8k."

Yea? So What?

Well, isn't that something to be proud of? Performing with the more expensive cars for much much less money spent?

Same thing with a 4 banger... performing with the big dogs while appearing to be a pug.... or a poodle.. you know.. something small, ugly, and annoying. :D

Also, some people get into the 4 cylinder sports cars for the challenge or making a four cylinder fast. They become proud that they can perform with the larger engines with less displacement.

Its not unlike a LOT of people on this site that get into the sport to see how fast they can go with the least amount of money spent. I see the arguement on here ALL THE TIME.

"Oh, I Spanked that corvette and he spent 80k on his car and I only spent 8k."

Yea? So What?

Well, isn't that something to be proud of? Performing with the more expensive cars for much much less money spent?

Same thing with a 4 banger... performing with the big dogs while appearing to be a pug.... or a poodle.. you know.. something small, ugly, and annoying. :D

AHEM...http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=689905 :D

Aliate X's car = :drool:

i agree. But the replacement for displacement is a turbo sooooooooo the replacement for displacement is more displacement with a turbo or two right????

displacement will win every hour of everyday of every year when both cars have the same "mods" turbo, supercharger, nitrous, v-tak, etc etc. The day I am proven wrong is when funny cars and top fuels cars run inline 4's and run faster than the v-8's they use now.

i agree. But the replacement for displacement is a turbo sooooooooo the replacement for displacement is more displacement with a turbo or two right????

displacement will win every hour of everyday of every year when both cars have the same "mods" turbo, supercharger, nitrous, v-tak, etc etc. The day I am proven wrong is when funny cars and top fuels cars run inline 4's and run faster than the v-8's they use now.

I had something to say... but now I dont.

i agree with the above post about modern technology making up for displacment..you have the ricer 4cyl guys and then you have the guys that have respect for cars like most of us, except they take a different route..

although I love v8 and rear wheel, 4cyl turbos are fast cars

Umm..hold on a second. Are you sure it was a turbo? The 2nd gen DSMs had either the 4G63 or 420A, both 2.0Ls. For those not in the know, the 420A was also put into the Neon..except the Neon's 420A had MORE hp, and less torque. I believe the DSM 420A had around 140hp, vs the 4G63's 200+. With 2.73s, he probably isn't walking even a stock 4G63 DSM.

The race don't count in my book, because you guys were already at a slow roll. And he also had time to spool the turbo and get into power range. From a dead stop it would have been different. Plus Your buddy has a AOD, so if he is already moving he doesn't have the same control over his RPM's as the ricer.

There are cars that can keep up with bikes from a roll.

Im with my buddy in his 90 lx aod with 2.73s and some bolt ons, this chump in a 96 ish eclipse flys by at like 80 miles per hour so we get him at a light but some granny is in the other lane so we get behind him, he takes off slow and merges over to the right lane my buddies thinkin he wants to line up but ive been around long enough to know what he's gonna do, he spools up the turbo and floors it like 1 length ahead so my buddy floors it and pulls on him real slow almost a dead even race the eclipse shuts it down when my buddy is maybe a foot behind, next light the kid in the eclipse is like "2.0 Litre hangin with a pos domestic, less than half the displacement, its just a 4 cylinder how does that make you feel" Needless to say he's on my ****list.

race him in your car then after you win, roll down your window and say "You're ghey" then drive off.

Small motors dont usually make more power, they usually weigh a good deal less and are in lighter cars. 300 whp out of a 5.0 is easy, basic HCI and bolt ons will do it. 300 whp out of a small displacement motor is much tougher, but they dont need 300 whp to run with a 300 whp Mustang. As ricey as it sounds, power to weight is one major reason the small motor cars are fast. Its the same when looking at only V8s. Look at a class with small and big motors in it (NMRA Hot Street is a good example). You can run small inch and big inch motors, the small inch guys get weight breaks to even it out. The big motors make more power, but the small motors with less weight run right with them!

So what your saying is your buddy raced a high 14 second car?

Tell your bud it's time for some 4.10's and a 3500 stall.

Find that punk ass, spray a 150 on him and say, oh I'm sorry, my eye sight is not what it used to be, I have a hard time seeing cars that are 30 lengths back in my rear view; were you actually trying to race?

Good stuff guys, my buddy is pissed right about now, we went out to summit and got some 4.10 gears, so those go on next weekend. But yeah im sure it was a turbo, because through this chumps shpeal about i just beat yo blah blah, i said yeah with 12 pounds of boost and he said no 11. i just laughed at em. Im sure he was pretty much stock to, my buddy only runs 14.7s, but where workin on it.

Good stuff guys, my buddy is pissed right about now, we went out to summit and got some 4.10 gears, so those go on next weekend. But yeah im sure it was a turbo, because through this chumps shpeal about i just beat yo blah blah, i said yeah with 12 pounds of boost and he said no 11. i just laughed at em. Im sure he was pretty much stock to, my buddy only runs 14.7s, but where workin on it.

make sure to get some drag radials or those 4.10s are gonna be worthless!

DR's, 4.10's and good God get a stall. The stock converter is the worst.

4.10s will bring the time down to 14.50's and the stall will bring it to a 14.0 realistically.

Then port the E'7s for a quick 35-40 hp.

Status
Not open for further replies.