Why don't you?

DmnStr8

Apr 16, 2005
NH
When your jumping a car. Why don't don't you connect to the negitive lead of the dead battery to the donor battery's negitive lead.

I was jumping a coworkers car when two maintaince guys came buy and started giving my **** for having the negitive on a bare spot on the frame. I told them thats how your supposed to jump a car. They took it cause they were handy men and older that they were right.

I know they aren't but I don't know why. Whats the danger? Is it because it forces the power to have to go through the dead cars system before it can ground out. Instead of just runnign a loop with my car?

electrical noob.

• Sponsors (?)

because (-) negative just needs to be grounded... you can hook it up.. but you dont need too.. its easyer when you have side post and cant get to the (-).. just to connect to frame or metal bar.. then to shove the clamps into a mess of wires... you dont have to hook them up but its ok if you do! And There are explosive gasses from the Battery, if you get a spark, then BOOM!

Thats what I thought. I told them that it could explode but they were pretty stubborn. Lol. They also said that the car might nit be starting cause of a bad fuse.

I think it was her starter. I just gave her a puch start and she was off. Idiots.