WHY IS MY CAR IDLEING(sp?) SO FREAKIN" HIGH?????

Ok, it's been doing it off and on for a while now, but in the last 2 weeks it's been on more than off.

In neutral the car will idle at about 1500 rpms. After load it will drop down to about a 1000 then work its way back up:mad:

I disconnected the battery already to try to reset the computer but no luck. I don't hear any sucking from anywhere other than the IAC. Could it be that? I have the little mod that everyone on here was hootin' about where you put a thin piece of metal with smaller holes in between the IAC and the intake. Have I messed up my IAC or what...:shrug: I'm really at a loss.

Thanks for the advice.

Jay

• Sponsors (?)

Did you switch the vaccumm hoses. If you put the one from the inlet pipe to the plenum after the TB the RPMs will go through the roof settle at about 1500 then if you give it gas it will seem to stick around 2000 then drop back down. I did that.

Jsun3701 said:
Did you switch the vaccumm hoses. If you put the one from the inlet pipe to the plenum after the TB the RPMs will go through the roof settle at about 1500 then if you give it gas it will seem to stick around 2000 then drop back down. I did that.

I don't think that I've touched them, but I will check them today...

anybody else have any ideas?