Why not.........

stangrulez

Sep 27, 2011
After much deliberation I have decided to add a supercharger to the stang but need help. The car is fully stock other than magnaflow exhaust 96 gt vert. I was thinking Eaton sc from a cobra something big but not too big. If I do go with the Eaton can I add it by itself? Because if it requires more work then I might have to rethink it( medical school comes first). Need some help.on this one. Car has 126k if that is of any use..

• Sponsors (?)

Keep your eyes open for a used FRPP blower and you could get it done for about $2,500 with little fuss.

Same goes for a used Allen Supercharger kit. (had one on my Cougar, worked great). Ran mid-12's with a near 4,000lb car.

Otherwise, count on spending $3,500-$4,000 minimum. and some customization to make it work on your '96. If you can swing that, you can get blown.

Tork Tech manifold kit
http://www.torktech.com/terminator-gt-kits-for-the-99-04-gt.html

You'll need some adapter plates to fit the pre'99 heads, a few misc sensors, brackets, etc..

Pick yourself up a used Cobra Eaton M112 on EBay, ad misc fuel and intake components, tune, etc and you're in business.

I hear you bro, Im having my car built and blown with an titanium internals. Its taking longer than expected because Im set to go into orbit on May 16...since Im an astronaut and all!

Reactions: 1 users
Get your medical degree THEN get a race car.

If it's a choice between paying for school or paying for car stuff, that is unquestionably the best decision.

I'm still in college and have managed to play with my car some all along. But that's mainly due to the fact that I've been fortunate enough to get a couple of scholarships and a couple of decent-paying part-time jobs. No way in the world I'd go into debt (or into more debt) because I chose to spend money on a car while already not being able to pay for school.

Reactions: 1 user
If it's a choice between paying for school or paying for car stuff, that is unquestionably the best decision.

I'm still in college and have managed to play with my car some all along. But that's mainly due to the fact that I've been fortunate enough to get a couple of scholarships and a couple of decent-paying part-time jobs. No way in the world I'd go into debt (or into more debt) because I chose to spend money on a car while already not being able to pay for school.

Same here. Im spending a LOT of money on my car and I'm finishing up school. School, car, and everything else is 100% paid for (with MY own money) and zero debt. I can be done :shrug: