Why the mustang?

BlahBlahson said:
5000 will net u a nice modded fox

stock theyre closer to about 2500 in nice condition with under 100k miles

at least in southern cali
If you find a stocker in nice condition, under 100K, you will be paying more then a slightly modded 5.0. People want the unmodded Stangs and will pay for them.

Nick

• Sponsors (?)

if you're looking at an older f-body the 305s and even the 350s are turds. the only camaros that i'd even consider would be 94+, even then maybe just the newer ones.

definately get an LS-1 engine if you go to the camaro route. mustangs are easier to work on also. the newer camaros have their engine like 1/2 way under the car.

choice is yours, not really looking to pursuade you, but rather just stating the obvious.

1991vert said:
if you're looking at an older f-body the 305s and even the 350s are turds. the only camaros that i'd even consider would be 94+, even then maybe just the newer ones.

definately get an LS-1 engine if you go to the camaro route. mustangs are easier to work on also. the newer camaros have their engine like 1/2 way under the car.

choice is yours, not really looking to pursuade you, but rather just stating the obvious.

Working on my LS1 wasn't too bad. Heads/cam swaps are done with the engine in the car. Once you take off the coil packs and valve covers, everything's accessible. Headers went on easy also.

Buy the car in my signature. You get a turn key 600HP vehicle with 31,000 miles for $22,000. You can't build one for that price.

If you price compare 5.0 vs. 5.7 parts you will find that it's cheaper to build a Mustang. Like mentioned there is no better sound then a done up Mustang.

All I have to say to anyone with a new genertion Camaro is if you see me on the street be prepared for a head-up as whippin! Radial to radial no LS1 has ever come with .3 of me. Stock, modified, vortech.....it has never happened. It may....but it hasn't yet. Nobody is bullet proof! Camaro's start with a stouter platform but $ for $ a Camaro can't copmpete with a Mustang!

Heh, the camaro..eh the only chevy cars sports car Id have would be a 68 or early 70s camaro, and the late T/A. Either one is bad.

But lets get real, at my age..21, I dont have that much money. But, I bout a new short block and gt40 series heads intake, tremec 3550, and misc supporting parts. Plus a decent stang, never wrecked, new black interior and blah blah. I spent alittle under 5k, and was the grease monkey who learned how to put it all together. That together was worth my money. Now Im doing little things hear and there saving for something.. blower turbo something...probably a 351w base.

But why does it take a 350 chevy to compete with a 302? Why does the camaro come with more hp from the factory..i bet its those extra cubes. Now, lets put a 350 next a 351..yea the ford has one extra cube..but if you spend 8 grand to build either..which would be more stout? Im going to bleed ford blue on this one. I wasnt sure what I was getting into, I was being nagged by camaro friends, and blah blah blah. I dont look back now. I love my stang. Ive nearly taken it apart completely and it looks naked but everyday I imagin what it will look like soon. I just dont picture myself doing that with a nearly brand new TA, and shoot I might be scared to fark something up on a classic 68. Bleed ford blue bro.

QDRHRSE said:
All I have to say to anyone with a new genertion Camaro is if you see me on the street be prepared for a head-up as whippin! Radial to radial no LS1 has ever come with .3 of me. Stock, modified, vortech.....it has never happened. It may....but it hasn't yet. Nobody is bullet proof! Camaro's start with a stouter platform but $ for $ a Camaro can't copmpete with a Mustang!

I think my ol' SS woulda made your day (or at least given you a run for your money) :D .

Polter83 said:
Heh, the camaro..eh the only chevy cars sports car Id have would be a 68 or early 70s camaro, and the late T/A. Either one is bad.

But lets get real, at my age..21, I dont have that much money. But, I bout a new short block and gt40 series heads intake, tremec 3550, and misc supporting parts. Plus a decent stang, never wrecked, new black interior and blah blah. I spent alittle under 5k, and was the grease monkey who learned how to put it all together. That together was worth my money. Now Im doing little things hear and there saving for something.. blower turbo something...probably a 351w base.

But why does it take a 350 chevy to compete with a 302? Why does the camaro come with more hp from the factory..i bet its those extra cubes. Now, lets put a 350 next a 351..yea the ford has one extra cube..but if you spend 8 grand to build either..which would be more stout? Im going to bleed ford blue on this one. I wasnt sure what I was getting into, I was being nagged by camaro friends, and blah blah blah. I dont look back now. I love my stang. Ive nearly taken it apart completely and it looks naked but everyday I imagin what it will look like soon. I just dont picture myself doing that with a nearly brand new TA, and shoot I might be scared to fark something up on a classic 68. Bleed ford blue bro.

Blah blah blah, run what ya brung, Ford or Chevy. Also, Chevy stopped making 350ci. V8's in their sports cars in 1997 ;). It's all good. Arguing displacement or mods gets you nowhere, it's what you show up with that counts. :flag:

well personally if i had the money id go with the 03 04 COBRA talk about a motor that responds to mods so well. U cant go wrong with a 4.6 or a 5.0 my opinion the 4.6 motor is not all that bad they make good power ,but it all comes to the big bucks and choice of preferance. I guess the only real way to know is to try and drive all of them. GOOD LUCK

QDRHRSE --> Stock for stock the Camaro's almost two seconds quicker then your 89 LX.

If you put similar mod's into a Camaro, it would still be that much faster...

LS1's are not to be toyed with.