Why the price hike still?

• Sponsors (?)

gringoloco said:
These cars MSRP for $27,500, I saw a used GT with 10,000mi. yesterday for $31,900. What gives? Anyone get one at a decent price?

It really depends on where you are. It's basic economics - supply vs. demand. In Canada, they sell at MSRP and most dealers honour Xplans. In many places in the States, they're selling above MSRP because demand is so high. I'm actually amazed anyone has already been able to put 10,000 miles on one of these.

I paid under invoice for mine. The same dealer refused X-plan orders later after he found out what a hot seller the GT's were going to be and how few he'd gotten allocated.

Lucky me, I paid way less than everyone else I've run into locally. Dealer was probably kicking himself when I drove my GT off the lot.

I've got 7700 on mine, had it since end of november. College car, so maybe 60+ miles a day, not to hard to put 10k if you had it when they first came out.

Vandil said:
I paid under invoice for mine. The same dealer refused X-plan orders later after he found out what a hot seller the GT's were going to be and how few he'd gotten allocated.

Lucky me, I paid way less than everyone else I've run into locally. Dealer was probably kicking himself when I drove my GT off the lot.

What did you pay? Are you A/Z/X/D plan?

XStanger said:
What did you pay? Are you A/Z/X/D plan?

300 under listed invoice on my order, no discount plan at all. I spent almost 3 weeks calling and emailing about 30 different dealers in a tri state area (Dec 04). Then I started a bid war between the serious ones. Made sure to let them know I had taken the time to prequal at ford direct finance. You'd be suprised what some dealers are willing to do for a 100% certain sale and how some of the local guys are pirates. Also helped I dropped a hint or three I'd finance through the dealership and I was a local mustang club member.

I had 3 offers that I thought were decent, 2 under invoice and 1 $100 over invoice. I went with the lowest of the 3. The day I went to pick it up the finance manager presented his great "deal." He wasn't real happy when I whipped out a cap one blank check and a large stack of 100's and said. Do my deal for less than XYZ or I'm using this (waves blank check.) Only downside was the legwork before hand (patience is a virtue) and the 1.5 hour drive to the dealership.

I was sitting at the sales guys desk when I heard the sales drone behind me refuse X plan on a couples 05 Vert GT order. So I doubt they're letting another deal like that get off the lot. BTW had it about 1 month now and 2k on it already, I put 3k on my truck in the entire 04 year.

I just picked up My Premium GT Mineral Grey with Automatic,shaker500,all the options except for the wheels are standard. on X plan for 28,911$ out the door.

I had to order it and it took 13 weeks.

tsrek said:
I just picked up My Premium GT Mineral Grey with Automatic,shaker500,all the options except for the wheels are standard. on X plan for 28,911$ out the door.

I had to order it and it took 13 weeks.

:scratch:

When you say "out the door", that means you included TT&L?

Got mine for $500 over invoice (with no plan or anything), from a dealer I connected with over one of the other mustang forums. Ordered March 9, scheduled to be built next week. Pretty good time frame. Total price was $25,949. Add in my AQHA membership rebate and I'm getting it at $35 over dealer's cost. :D

I can't find a GT around here, and I got this disturbing email today. :nonono:

--------------------------------------------------------------
Reynolds Ford of Norman just received a 2005 Ford Mustang GT. The last one sold in just two hours. If you are interested is seeing, driving, or purchasing the Mustang GT you need to get here to Norman quickly. This one is Bright Red with Red Leather Interior and is a stick shift. With 3500 miles on it, it is a bargain at $31,500.

Chad Hamilton
Internet Manager
Reynolds Ford Lincoln Mercury Mazda
405-409-3628
[email protected]
www.reynoldsautoscom
*Internet Price, Discounts, Rebates, and Incentives are only valid if Purchase is made through Internet Department.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

There's a sucker born every second. WAIT this is no different than any other new model. When I brought my 87 GT they were using the engine for the T-birds and once the flood gates open deal abound. If you waited this long wait a little longer, by the 06 models the IUP stuff and new engine will be a thing of the past IMO. :flag:

I've been a sucker twice now and never again FORD! $500 under MSRP on my 03 Mach and 2 months later I could have saved 5 grand. The 04 for under 25k was higher than the 03's but a good deal in comparsion. I can hear the buyers of the first car now whining just like myself :p .

I owe more on my 03 than the 04, it takes a lot of payments to make up 5 grand! :notnice: :notnice: :( :nonono:

The local Nissan stealership is still charging a 2 grand markup on 350Z's, and they've been out for 3 years now. This sucker wasn't waiting that long for a Mustang. They are only going to produce 20% more GT's next year than they did this year, so demand will still be high. Yeah, we got a bad deal, but at least I didn't pay $16,900 over MSRP like this guy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=4547401249&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

If he actually paid it.