Why this site is the best.

DMAN302

My mom says thanks for the pearl necklace.
Nov 8, 2003
windsor, Canada
Ok some of you may have read about my little screw up. Earlier this week I attempted to hook up my battery backward..wrong posts. Result was BAD..lost tail/dash/parking lights and radio. Well knowing less than nothing about electrical I took out my trust volt meter and sat at my computer for hours reading old post and trying to relate the info to my problem. The information on here was astounding, I found loads of information I was unaware of previously about how our electrical system works. I found VAST info thanks to TMOSS and his fantastic wiring diagrams (thank you sir for taking the time to create them, and respond to my posts), and inteligent useable responses to others questions with the search feature. The problems created by the battery issue was originally thought only to involve the lighting and was corrected by having to repair burnt wires at the headlight..this corrected ALL the lighting problem. the radio needed a new fuse, and all was well...I was feeling pretty good about my self. Well yesterday I tried to start her up...NOPE wouldn't happen. I then searched out Jricher (sorry spelling) and his information on trouble shooting..using this info I did discover I was lacking spark..but had fuel...narrowed it down. Next came HISSIN50..taking the time to respond to several (SEVERAL) PM's quickly and with EXCELLENT responses allowing me to trouble shoot properly and quickly. Lastly I had met conartist from this site who turns out lives in my town...he is to say the least is VERY knowledgable in regards to the foxbody. Mike not only continued to suppy loads of information and lead me in the right direction, but came over tonight and took the time to track down the problem with me and correct it. In the end the TFI module was the item that was preventing the ignition from creating the spart I needed. I am rambling on I know but I want to not only thank all of the above members..and couple more (names were lost in the serever crash of 2005), but also to tell everyone who fails to take the time to make use of the search feature. There is enough info to help and provide you with the answers needed to attack any problem you may come across, and people on here who will take the time to help if you ask. This site is an asset to our hobby,as are the people on it.

• Sponsors (?)

search button does work good, if you use it right..... using that button has answered questions i had without having to make a new thread.

hissin50 has also helped me via PM as well.... very Knowledgeable guy

Yes, the guys you mentioned (among others) are very knowledgable in this field.

The search function works well a lot of the time, but I do think it could be improved. If you search for acronyms (anything under I believe 4 characters), it has an error. I think implimenting a sort of "meta tag" or keyword into posts and allowing the search function to utilize it would help a lot. Even having an open box at the bottom of the "new thread" window where you could enter keywords pertaining to your question/answer might help the search function.

Off topic, but has anyone noticed the server is an hour behind? It didn't "spring forward" an hour with us :nonono:

This kind of thing is why I have stuck around for almost 5 years now. They have gotten me through 3 mustangs including everything from a hood flying up, to a total wreck of a car. They have walked me through a tranny swap and my first starter change. This site has taught me just about everything I know about my car. Hopefully soon you guys will be helping with a 347 build. :D

Wow, Thanks for the kind words about me. :cheers: :hail2:

Derek, I am glad to hear that it is all up and running again! I learned long ago that all that stuff runs on smoke - you can't let the smoke out. :rlaugh:

I will note however, that I don't deserve to be lumped into the same post or mentioning as Tom or Joe - each has easily forgotten more than I will ever know!

HISSIN50 said:
I will note however, that I don't deserve to be lumped into the same post or mentioning as Tom or Joe - each has easily forgotten more than I will ever know!

Yes you do, you were there when others couldn't be - that's what's good about many sites, we all learn and pass our knowledge on. That's why I created all those diagrams and don't care who uses them or where.

What did people do before the internet, I always wonder.....?

Like did they like talk to other ppl or something.

Seriously though, the internet and site's like this have brought the world of car enthusiasts together in ways that may have never seemed possible before. :D

I can tell you what they did, they had access to much fewer aftermarket parts and they were not generally as good as today's. Yes, you experimented and did a lot of mods yourself to the stock parts and learned from your experience and others - both good and bad. Speed shops would also help out with your combo as you bought parts from them locally. I was a teenager in the 60s.

tmoss said:
I can tell you what they did, they had access to much fewer aftermarket parts and they were not generally as good as today's. Yes, you experimented and did a lot of mods yourself to the stock parts and learned from your experience and others - both good and bad. Speed shops would also help out with your combo as you bought parts from them locally. I was a teenager in the 60s.
LOL, i did that and i was a teenager in the 80's and 90's. :)

i think a 'collective intelligence' is a great thing (not a replacement for personal friends, but certainly a huge augmentation!). how else would i know that Tom does such great lower porting (I dont have one of his, but he would be my first stop based on what i have read and what one bud said whom had a lower done by Tom. top notch!). :)

The best hting about htis site, i dont have to see any of your f*ukking faces lol haha just kidding fellas, i bet your all beautiful lol haha (not gay)
OK, i have onlybeen lookinga reading and looking and reading this site for about 3 months now, lost my name and had to remake it cuz of the shut down, but all my questions have been more than answered, and i am still a newbie, but soon i will be passing off my known information - any questions about paint and proccesses ill be there posting in Your Thread to help you out, because thats what I personally know, because of how gracious you have been on helping me through my problems (AND THE PROBLEMS IM PROB ABOUT TO HAVE) Thanks Stang net and Members
Paul Perreca

What happened? Thread get lost in the overflow of tech posts?

And I would most certainly agree about Stangnet.You can't find anyplace more helpful on Mustangs of all years,shapes,sizes and even the hybrid types (Don't even ask).I've been on this site for allmost 4 1/2 years.Which then got me through 3 Mustangs.I still own 2 of them.And as for many on this site,I have thanked them then and could thank them again.Some have gone,but many are still around.I could list names,but then there are just way too many.But when it comes down to names,why just have a list? You'd still miss all the others who do not drop by often yet stop to give a bit of advice.So you should be saying "Thanks Stangnet!" As it is people like this who continue to make this site what it is and what it will always be.

When I first signed up,I seen this as a generous resource for getting info on how to do this/that...fix this fix that...what is....etc.Then I found myself coming back just to browse the boards even though I wasn't looking for an answer to something.I logged in just to read through the many posts on the 2.3/3.8/5.0 boards and give feedback if I knew something or just post a little off humor.Well,some of you know how it is.I don't feel like it is a chore to post a response to something.And why should it be? It's very interesting...addictive...educational (Half of the time at least :rolleyes: ) and then it's good to know i've helped someone out (Or at least tried).

And so my hands continued to type before my brain tried to re-calculate the real meaning of "Quick Reply" :scratch:

By the way,why is this thread posted in the Tech forum? :shrug: Hey,you started it DMAN302 :sleep: :chair: