why would someone do this?!?

• Sponsors (?)

Because they are gay. Seriously though idk. I have had it happen to me too, and it really pisses me off. I have tried scratch-x and all other kinds of scratch remover and nothing really works all the way.

Immaturity is why. Sucks people can't leave an object alone especially if they just don't like it. I had an ex key my car after we split. I couldn't prove it and didn't have the coverage to get it fixed. I was SOL.

That doesn't look like it's through the paint, just the clear. You may be able to correct it by wet-sanding and polishing it out. Create an account on Autopia.org, go to the regional forum, and submit a post in your region asking for detailer recommendations. Some of the detailers on that site are simply amazing.

My dad has a STS-V that had some very bad scratches on the front fender and the detailer corrected it such that you can't see the scratches at all any more. You could even catch a fingernail in them they looked deep, but apparently were not through the paint just cut through some of the clear.

2008 STS-V Paint Correction

insurance wont cover it, i just dont know who the hell i pissed off so much

yeah that sucks man. Seriously though, take my advice and find a reputable detailer in your area by posting on Autopia.org. A good detailer should be able to tell you if it is possible to correct that scratch w/o a repaint. You'd also save money because a repaint would be very costly and wouldn't look right with metallic paint (very difficult to paint match and you'd probably see exactly where the car was repainted).

Yeah some people think its cool to key cars and damage other people’s property just because they can't have something like that. It happened to my stang a few years back. I had to get the drivers door repainted for $500. Bottom line is if you have a nice car someone will end up doing something to it eventually or at least it seems like that.

Grrrrrr, everyday that goes by, I feel like there are more Douchebags in this world then actually there are good people!!

There are.

If justice was swift that little bastard would have been hit by a garbage truck about 2 blocks from your car, having the very same key slammed through his eyeball and, Allah willing, he'd be bedridden, fed through a tube and breathing through a ventilator the rest of his life.

Seriously, that's how I feel about that.

There are.

If justice was swift that little bastard would have been hit by a garbage truck about 2 blocks from your car, having the very same key slammed through his eyeball and, Allah willing, he'd be bedridden, fed through a tube and breathing through a ventilator the rest of his life.

Seriously, that's how I feel about that.

personally i take a much harsher stance:mad:

anyway now im thinking of selling this car (not because of this) and getting a terminator:D what would you guys expect to pay, im thinking about 20000 give or take for a coupe with about 50000 miles roughly