Will 17X7 wheels fit?

Guys I tried searching the forum but could not find the answer to this. My question is will 17X7 wheels fit a stock 2006 GT? The reason I am asking is the chrysler 300 base model uses steel 17X7's with our bolt pattern and I was thinking of using them for winter wheels. A guy I know got 300 wheels for his 300c but they would not fit due to the 300c's bigger calipers. At least thats what he told me. Any insight on this would be much appreciated. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

offset does not matter as much as the shape of the wheel. offset is just where the mounting flange is located in reference to the center of the rim. a 17x7 will fit, and that offset should be ok on a narrow rim such as this one. the one thing that may prevent this combo from working is the shape of the center of the wheel. take 5 minutes and pull a wheel and bolt on the steel wheel to check for caliper clearance.

Thanks for all of the info. I would love to try the wheel out but the guy I was going to buy them from decided to keep them so I will look on ebay. Has anyone ever used the chrysler 300 steel wheels on their car? Any first hand experience would be appreciated. I really don't want to spend $200 for rims on ebay that I can't use.

one more thing to consider is if the center hole in the wheel will clear on the mustang. i remember a while back i tried an AMC wheel on my 71 cougar. it didnt fit, but the cougar wheel would fit the AMC. it was due to the size of the dustcaps they used on the wheel bearings back then.

just another thing to think about. may or may not be an issue on this situation.