Will 24# injectors from an LT1 work on a Mustang with a 24# MAF?

astronut1885

Founding Member
Jan 31, 2002
Assonet, MA
Hey guys. A friend of mine has a set of 24# injectors from an LT1 motor and a 76mm MAF sensor calibrated for 24s. He had them on his car, but when he added a blower he started having problems. He wasn't sure if they were the cause, so he pulled them and went with 36# injectors and he added a bigger fuel pump. We have no idea if the car was running lean because it couldn't get enough fuel or if the injectors were incompatible. Anyway, he now has them available for purchase, and I'd like to run them, but I wanted to know if anyone had ever heard of doing this. He says the Camaro boys will run FRPP 30lb injectors in their cars, so we think they shoud be cross compatible. If anyone can tell me if this will or won't work, please do, because otherwise I have to install them and try it out, and if it's bogus, I have to redo it all again. Thanks a million! :spot:

• Sponsors (?)

as long as they are the same style injectors as yours they will work. There are the fat injectors like the ones in our motors and then the skinny ones like the 4.6 has. I dont know if the maf meter will work from a camaro to a stang.

I did some looking, the 92-97 LT1 engine uses the same injectors as the ford 5.0 so they will work if its from that years. I doubt if the maf meter would work being differnt eec and all.

FWIW Make sure you dont pay to much str8_up_menace has new ones for 154.00
ITEM: You are bidding on a set of 8 Brand New Motorsport 24LB injectors (blue). These still have caps on them! These will fit EFI Mustang 5.0, 4.6, 5.4, Cobra, Corvette, Firebird, Trans Am, LT1 and LS1 motors, and many others!!! I dont have any other injector sizes at this time, so please dont E-Mail asking for them! I can split up into 4 or 6 injectors for those of you with 4cyl and 6cyl that need a little more fuel. The injectors are not rebuilt they are brand new. I will ship out of the U.S but buyer pays all shipping costs. E-mail with adress/location before purchasing. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2474327659&category=33554

My buddy has the MAF for a stang, it's a 76mm chrome one, and the injectors. He wants 150 said and done. I know they ran on his car, we're just not sure if that was causing the problem he had, or if it was something to do with running lean thanks to a stock-ish fuel system and a Vortech.