Will a 87-93 dash fit in dads 84

bdazzgt

I had to jerk off the cable to get it to stop.
Dec 27, 2005
Springfield MO
My dad has a 84 mustang converted 4 banger, and the dash is shot. It is busted cracked and the gauges dont work at all. Anyways he really like the 87-93 dashes with aftermarket gauges will they go into a 4 eyed car with no problems? Is the wiring the Same? What else needs changed, for it to work? I can get a donor car's dash for cheap but i want to know how hard the wiring is gonna be, i took the dash out of my old 85 so I know it is a lot of work but if it isnt that bad then i will consider the swap, Thanks for helping

• Sponsors (?)

bdazzgt said:
My dad has a 84 mustang converted 4 banger, and the dash is shot. It is busted cracked and the gauges dont work at all. Anyways he really like the 87-93 dashes with aftermarket gauges will they go into a 4 eyed car with no problems? Is the wiring the Same? What else needs changed, for it to work? I can get a donor car's dash for cheap but i want to know how hard the wiring is gonna be, i took the dash out of my old 85 so I know it is a lot of work but if it isnt that bad then i will consider the swap, Thanks for helping

You have to pretty much rewire and splice all of the connections, which is a huge hastle. Even then the mounting tabs are different and you have to modify them. Your best bet would be to get a dash from another 4 eyed car out of a junkyard.