Will c&l inlet pipe and 6 inch k&n air filter fit with stock maf

MustangLife

Jan 5, 2003
Chattanooga, TN
I'm going to discard the my full length densecharger. Its beaing a pain in the rear. It leaks, comes undone at the throttle body. The pipe going into the fenderwell, comes undone and the k&N air filter is beat to death and basically not usuable anymore.

I don't want to buy the 85mm c&l maf kit, cause its a waste of money. I want the c&l inlet pipe and 6inch k&N air filter. Is able to do. Or am I going to have to go the steeda cold air route.

Thanks
Josh

• Sponsors (?)

MustangLife said:
I'm going to discard the my full length densecharger. Its beaing a pain in the rear. It leaks, comes undone at the throttle body. The pipe going into the fenderwell, comes undone and the k&N air filter is beat to death and basically not usuable anymore.

I don't want to buy the 85mm c&l maf kit, cause its a waste of money. I want the c&l inlet pipe and 6inch k&N air filter. Is able to do. Or am I going to have to go the steeda cold air route.

Thanks
Josh

Had the same issues, only I had the densecharger inlet pipe alone. Total POS. Replaced it with the C&L tube, and an adapter to mount a filter directly to the mass air meter. Much better..

With those adapters for the stock MAF, is there anything securing the filter or does it just rest on the chassis? The stock airbox has the rubber mounts down bottom plus the bolt on the side, the pictures I've seen don't look like there's anything specifically holding the filter.

GinoGT said:
With those adapters for the stock MAF, is there anything securing the filter or does it just rest on the chassis? The stock airbox has the rubber mounts down bottom plus the bolt on the side, the pictures I've seen don't look like there's anything specifically holding the filter.

Your basically right. The filter is somewhat laying on the chassis in the corner. I got the c&l plastic heat shield, and trimmed away all the plastic except the borders to keep the filter in place. However, the filter would be fine even without the shield.