Will FMS Roller Rockers work on my TFS heads?

caseywan

Apr 7, 2006
Chicago, IL
I have FMS 1.6 roller rockers on my GT40x heads currently, but I am building a new motor with Twisted Wedge heads and am wondering if I can put my old roller rockers on my new heads of if they mount differently?

• Sponsors (?)

It depends more on if they are stud mount or pedistal mount and spring diameter. Which heads do you have exactly? X303 or X305? Summit says the X303s come with guide plates which would leave me to believe they are stud mount, and the X305s dont come with guide plates, so I would think they are pedistal mount. But both are listed as using bolt on rockers so its hard to tell without takin off the valve cover and checking.

Harland sharp and fox lake racing just developed a roller rocker specific to TW heads because of the offset intake valve. they make a set of RR that has an offset intake rocker different from the exhaust rocker. summitracing sells them. HS roller rockers r guaranteed for life and u will get better valvetrain geometry and longer valvetrain life. part # is S4302.

It depends more on if they are stud mount or pedistal mount and spring diameter. Which heads do you have exactly? X303 or X305? Summit says the X303s come with guide plates which would leave me to believe they are stud mount, and the X305s dont come with guide plates, so I would think they are pedistal mount. But both are listed as using bolt on rockers so its hard to tell without takin off the valve cover and checking.

I have X303s. So they might work then, I guess I'll pull the covers off to check.