will gt40 upper intake fit on cobra lower?

hi, i was wondering if a gt40 intake would fit on my cobra lower and if so, would benefit from switching it to the gt40. My cobra lower has already been ported and i would like to keep it. I just wast sure if it was worth switching or if it can be done. Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

the tubular gt40? The explorer, gt40, and cobra will all bolt up to each other. If your going from a cobra upper to a gt40 tubular upper, it should flow better but i doubt youll notice a diffrence. But to answer your question, yes it will work.

yes it will bolt up just fine..

NO, the power difference will be negligiable at best... IN FACT, the tubular gt40 is already maxed out.. where as a cobra or explorer gt40 upper can be ported to accomendate larger throttle bodies and etc.

Honestly, its not worth the time and effort IMO. UNLESS you are a strictly *for looks* guy.

poneypower89 said:
yes it will bolt up just fine..

NO, the power difference will be negligiable at best... IN FACT, the tubular gt40 is already maxed out.. where as a cobra or explorer gt40 upper can be ported to accomendate larger throttle bodies and etc.

Honestly, its not worth the time and effort IMO. UNLESS you are a strictly *for looks* guy.
Not true. The Cobra intake is factory fit for a 65mm TB, whereas the Gt40 will fit a70 beautifully, with room to fit a 75 easily. The Cobra intake is generally said to be good to 350 NA hp, the GT40 is good 425.:nice:

mustangramair said:
I don't know if it's true or not, but i thought i heard the GT40 upper intake is lighter than the explorer and the cobra.

Yup, 6-8 pounds lighter. Was thinking of picking up a GT-40 upper for the weight (every bit counts) and the looks.

$uperstang said:
the good to 350hp is horse crap I have one one my stroker that is 400hp :) No switching will not gain you an ounce of HP keep the Cobra.
Do you have any idea what your talking about? "Good to 350 hp" doesnt mean it will ONLY make 350 hp. It means that higher than that, you are wasting efficiency. Yes, on a dyno you WILL see hp improvements, IF you are making over 350 hp.