will my clutch hold for a dyno tune?

Joey7508

Oct 23, 2005
Kerrville TX
I have fairly new king cobra (3000 miles) in my car and am taking it to get tuned after I put my turbo on. It should be aroung the 450hp and tq mark. I was just wondering since it is not really like dumping your clutch at the track if it would hold up for/to the tune? U had the car tuned with another motor before and it made 500hp/560tq all through a zoom kevlar/orgainic clucth I thing its a stage 1.5 or 2? At the time I had no idea the car would make that much or I would have changed it before. But since it held up I am wondering if I could do it again with this clutch. I'll change it later of course, just trying to save some time and money rigt now and would like ot get it tuned and driveable.

• Sponsors (?)

There's only one way to find out. It all depends on how hard the power comes in. As the turbo spools, it should make the power slowly (as compared to lets say a nitrous hit) and then you cross your fingers and hope it's not a wasted trip.

My factory one is still runnin strong through five tunes and 420 rwhp on a mustang dyno. I may have a factory freak, but as far as dyno's go you're good in my experience.

I liked the mccloed that was in my 98, held 620hp on the dyno w/ out breaking it in. About 1 mile on the car to test drive it, loaded it on the trailer and took it to the dyno and has had no issues in the last 10,000 miles.