Will stock '04 springs fit on my '90?

88CougarMan

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2000
Flower Mound, TX
Both GT's. I'm selling my '90 and have BBK lowering springs on, but it sits way too low and they rub a lot. A woman wants to buy my car but she has yet to drive it. She is older and is getting nostalgic so she wants a old 5.0 like she had back in the day. I have my stockers from my 2004 laying around and figure it might sweeten the deal if it doesn't ride like a tank. So, will they fit?

• Sponsors (?)

88CougarMan said:
Both GT's. I'm selling my '90 and have BBK lowering springs on, but it sits way too low and they rub a lot. A woman wants to buy my car but she has yet to drive it. She is older and is getting nostalgic so she wants a old 5.0 like she had back in the day. I have my stockers from my 2004 laying around and figure it might sweeten the deal if it doesn't ride like a tank. So, will they fit?
No

I purchased a set of 03 "new take offs springs and shocks/struts" that came off a car going to roush...they fit fine...i put them on my 87 notch an it seems to ride kinda stiff...my bro says its the shocks/struts not the springs... anyway...they will fit but might be a little firm....good luck

Yes they will fit, but it is going to raise the nose of the car into 4x4 territory. I have 01 Bullitts in my car, they fit with no problem and lowered the front a little.