Will the rebate on 2010 increase?

stanmckinney

10 Year Member
Mar 30, 2005
I thought with the 2011 Mustang due at dealers soon that the rebate on the 2010 Mustang would increase. It is still $2,500 or 0 percent for 60 months.
What gives? There are higher rebates on other models.
I had thought I might be able to swing a 2010 but for the difference I would go a 2011.
Will we see higher rebates? I think Ford will have to offer at least $4,000 or $5,000 in rebates. I would like to see that plus 0 percent for 72 months.
I might deal then.
Any opinions?

• Sponsors (?)

Eh maybe...that's how we got ours. We waited til the next year was out and bought the last '08 they had. 0% for 72 and 1500$ rebate I think it was... of course that was with Costco membership advantage so we were only paying invoice anyways :D
Honestly it's hard to say though. With all the problems auto makers are having nowadays, would they want to lose that much? I know the dealer takes the hit on those and realistically the '11s are going to be the sellers so they should try and move the leftover '09s and '10s to make room for the '11s, but that's why I work in the grocery business and not auto dealerships

I thought with the 2011 Mustang due at dealers soon that the rebate on the 2010 Mustang would increase. It is still $2,500 or 0 percent for 60 months.
What gives? There are higher rebates on other models.
I had thought I might be able to swing a 2010 but for the difference I would go a 2011.
Will we see higher rebates? I think Ford will have to offer at least $4,000 or $5,000 in rebates. I would like to see that plus 0 percent for 72 months.
I might deal then.
Any opinions?

Ford will not offer $4K or $5K in rebates AND 0% for 72 months. That would be absolutely unprecidented. 2010 GT rebates are now $3K in the NW (or the 0% for 60 months).

I can't imagine that 2010 GT inventories are high enough to warrant much bigger rebates to clear them out. I've worked at a big Ford dealer for 11 years now, so I've been through new model intro's often. I think the '10 GT rebates will top out at $4K. If 0% gets stretched to 72 months, I bet it will be with no more then $1K in rebates.

Rebates are 3k now and there's another $750 private Mustang owner rebate. The trick is to wait long enough to get a decent rebate and price but not so long as to have a limited selection. I think now is a good time if you can find the exact 2010 you want on a lot. If you're not picky wait it out! I just bought mine ;-)

Funny you ask...my cousin purchased a 2010 GT with the Premium package(leather, HIDs. 19" alloys, etc.) last weekend. He received the $4k rebate AND 0% for 72 months. Maybe it was just the dealer(Gwinett Place Ford, Georgia) offering that much of a rebate, but he got it none the less.

You guys are forgetting... even with a GT, the masses don't care THAT much about the difference between a 5.0 and 4.6L. Especially when the cost will make it the difference between being able to buy one and not for many.

You won't see big discounts, if any, on the 2011s. When you factor in the $3000 rebate with the standard negotiations, that'll get to between a $4000-4500 price difference between the two BEFORE you factor the increase in price for the 2011 GT. That alone will keep the 2010s moving and eliminate any need to increase incentives. Best I could see happening is $3000 with a special financing rate, but probably not 0%. If someone got both the rebate and 0%, then the dealership was just eating into their own profits.

Funny you ask...my cousin purchased a 2010 GT with the Premium package(leather, HIDs. 19" alloys, etc.) last weekend. He received the $4k rebate AND 0% for 72 months. Maybe it was just the dealer(Gwinett Place Ford, Georgia) offering that much of a rebate, but he got it none the less.

Your cousin did not get a $4K rebate from Ford in addition to 0% for 72 months. He may have paid $4K less than MSRP, but that was due to the dealership discounting their sale price below MSRP. Rebates come from Ford Motor Company - not the dealers - so it is seperate from the dealers' discounts. He still scored a great deal, however.