Will they fit ?

• Sponsors (?)

I just put 275/40/17 nitto dr's on 17x9's and had to remove the quad shocks. Tried reversing them but made no difference so they came off. It's a 92 lx notch sitting at stock height. No other issues w/ that set-up. No rubbing at all. :nice:

What did you do to remedie removing the quad shocks? did you replace with something else? or just take them off?

PRO50SC said:
I just put 275/40/17 nitto dr's on 17x9's and had to remove the quad shocks. Tried reversing them but made no difference so they came off. It's a 92 lx notch sitting at stock height. No other issues w/ that set-up. No rubbing at all. :nice:

Yes 275's should fit fine. You might have to flip the quad's, but I don't think you should need to roll or beat on anything...

I run 285/40/17s with flipped quads (not removed), rolled fenderlips, and a little "massaging" of the inner fenderwell. Only rub I get is if I hit a pothole or something similar at like 40+mph, and thats probably thanks to my 11 year old stock suspension, not the tires.

I'm still trying to figure out how you reversed your control arms??? :scratch: :shrug:

I think I meant to say "Quads" I am still learning the lingo. I had it done at a shop while having the 5 lug conversion put on.

droptop93 said:
Yes 275's should fit fine. You might have to flip the quad's, but I don't think you should need to roll or beat on anything...

I run 285/40/17s with flipped quads (not removed), rolled fenderlips, and a little "massaging" of the inner fenderwell. Only rub I get is if I hit a pothole or something similar at like 40+mph, and thats probably thanks to my 11 year old stock suspension, not the tires.

I'm still trying to figure out how you reversed your control arms??? :scratch: :shrug:

That's a good thread since I want to get some Nitto's as well and I also run 17X8 rim...I made a thread but really got no answers...So if the 275/40/17 will fit on a 17X8 rim without any issues I am there...My car is stock height and has tail pipes...that is the one thing I am worried about is the tail pipes rubbing but as long as the tires won't run against the lip I'll be happy...just need few more confirmations to ensure this is ture...

I have 255/45/17 on rear right now, looking at it I would think I would have enogh room. I have turn downs, but could see how the pipes could get in the way.

Highbredcloud said:
That's a good thread since I want to get some Nitto's as well and I also run 17X8 rim...I made a thread but really got no answers...So if the 275/40/17 will fit on a 17X8 rim without any issues I am there...My car is stock height and has tail pipes...that is the one thing I am worried about is the tail pipes rubbing but as long as the tires won't run against the lip I'll be happy...just need few more confirmations to ensure this is ture...

Millhouse thank you for the good info...If you are wrong though I am driving to Lansing, MI to have a word with you...j/k...so you didn't have to flip the quads? No rubing on the lip area either? How far off the sidewall do those stick out? Thanks again...

Highbredcloud said:
Millhouse thank you for the good info...If you are wrong though I am driving to Lansing, MI to have a word with you...j/k...so you didn't have to flip the quads? No rubing on the lip area either? How far off the sidewall do those stick out? Thanks again...

Rof :D. One thing to keep in mind is that I do not have my car lowered yet, so I believe that came into play as far as the quads being flipped is concerened. I have no rubbing issues anywhere. Here's a few pics of what it looks like with the stock ride height. For some reason they look a tad bit narrower than in real life. Let me assure you they have quite a nice footprint.

im000456.jpg

im000455.jpg

im000454.jpg

Highbredcloud said:
Looks good Millhouse...that exhaust does seem close though...yeah mine car is not lowered either so it should work...thanks for the pix...that just answered my question and as everyones elses I hope...Thanks again... :nice:

Thank you. I did have to adjust my pipes a tad bit, but nothing major.