Window Regulator

Discussion in 'SN95 V6 Mustang Tech' started by stangbrad01, Mar 16, 2006.

1. stangbrad01

stangbrad01 New Member

Hi, anyone else have problems with windows on their mustangs? Just found out today my window regulator is bad. $140 for the part. On driver's window you can press the switch and you hear the buzzing from the motor, but window just stays put. Ayone else have this same problem?
  2. 232_slowness

232_slowness New Member

it happens, just be glad you don't have a Volkswagen the interior door panel has to be replaced to get the window regulator and you need 12-point torx to do it. Pain in the arse.
  3. stangjunkie

stangjunkie New Member

yeah i just failed for the same thing...only i think mine just jumped a tooth of so because it goes up and stops at like 2 inches from the top and when its all the way down it trys to just keep going ill tear it down soon to see what i find... after this d$%n bake job is done....
  4. Mike97gt

Mike97gt it doe snot Mod Dude Founding Member

yeah they go all the time. common problem.
  5. stangjunkie

stangjunkie New Member

just got back from college and now i have to revive this thred again sorry guys.... i took the door panel off but i am having trouble removing motor and regulator.... which normally goes bad in the case that i said above... it moves and stops and when it stops the motor buzzes but nothing happens but it does move sometimes...

thanks alot guys