Window tint scratches!

Save money and not tint the side windows? No thanks, it gets hot and really bright here in FL.

I'm going to try and keep the intake runners clean. Seems what is causing the problem is dirt getting trapped in the rubber runners, and scratching the tint as it rolls up and down. Keeping it clean might help from scratching the tint. I'll et you know in a few months.

15% all the way around here.

• Sponsors (?)

I have been thinking of tinting my windows, but right now I have a nice deep scratch on the drivers window. Deep enough to catch a fingernail in it. Something on the inside of the window guide did this. I'll be going to the dealer for warranty work before I get any tint put on.

Oh hell I just had to take a look at this thread :) Throw another booboo on the barbie....since the dealership did my tinting (and its scratched due to lack of felt) its time to add something else to the "fix it" list.

Earl

Why not use a box cutter and carefully remove enough of the seal so it does not touch the window or scratch the tint. I can't imagine enough trash getting past a small opening to hurt anything on the inside of the window.

8850 said:
Why not use a box cutter and carefully remove enough of the seal so it does not touch the window or scratch the tint. I can't imagine enough trash getting past a small opening to hurt anything on the inside of the window.

And what would keep the window from rattling in the down position?

It's not "trash getting past the small opening", it's dirt, sand and/or other small debris resting on the sticky interior window seal. The debris sticks to the rubber and when the window is raised or lowered, the debris scratched the tint. Keeping the debris out requires constanly riding with your windows up, which I just don't do.