Windshield Cracked on Freeway

• Sponsors (?)

Windows can be expensive nowadays, best thing to do is to get a pricing for it but if you're gonna change the whole from windshield, usually range from like $100 - $300

If it is a big enough crack to make you think about replacing the entire windshield then here is what to do. First, call your insurance company and change your glass deductible to either $100 or $50. Second, call up some glass shops until you find one that waives your deductible up to $50 or the whole amount. Third, have them come out to your car to replace it. Voila, new windshield and no cash spent. Yes, I have done this before.......don't underestimate my sneakyness!!!

MuStAnGTiFF21 said:
Do you have Comprehensive coverage on your insurance? If so, it could be covered under that, I had the same thing happen to me once and my Comp. coverage covered it all, nothing out of pocket.
Beat me to it :)
My roomate said he used to get 1 free windshield a year from his insurance company.

:nice:

$100-300 my @$$. Mine was $900 installed. Best bet is to fix it up, replace it by paying outright (maybe find one at a slvage yard) to prevent ins rates from going up, I know mine did from it, or just plain put up with it and realize that it is just going to happen again. In SD here with all the semi's and crap on the roads it happens alot. I know lots of people who have cracked their windshields on the first day driving home from the dealership. My dad's new 04 F-350, he just sucked it up. The windshield looks peppered now after only 30,000 miles

Damn bro that's cold. I saw a big ass rock coming at me one day when I was on the 91 right next to the 710 as I was going to work. I know how the 710 & the 91 can be. Nothing but trucks tearing up the road. But check this out, if you have full coverage like I do it should be no problem. Insurance company's require OEM replacement. I got mines replace with OEM and the guys did a great job. No leaks from air, water, etc. Just call around and make sure to ask for OEM. Alot that I called didn't carry OEM. If you want, I have the phone no. for the guys that did mines.

DW1395 Carlite is the OEM part number with the running pony. You can get a replacement without the running pony cheaper. I walked out one morning to find a busted windshield and a huge limb beside my car. Paid $100.00 deductible for the DW1395 and $1500.00 for a shed. :)

-Cale

In my part of the country, you can have a new windshield installed (aftermarket, no pony icon behind the rear view mirror) for $200. If you prefer, they will come and replace it in your driveway (same price). Installation takes 1 hour, and you should not drive the car for 24 hours afterward.

MuStAnGTiFF21 said:
Do you have Comprehensive coverage on your insurance? If so, it could be covered under that, I had the same thing happen to me once and my Comp. coverage covered it all, nothing out of pocket.
Same thing happened to my mom, insurance covered it.

Some states require insurance companies to replace the windshield without any cost to the client or insurance raise , at least Florida does and if you have state farm even better :D

Go Red Wings