WINGS vs. WINGLESS

• Sponsors (?)

I think it looks dead sexzy wingless I don't have the bullit rims but it still looks good. I've already got the 35th anniversary badges so if some clown thinks that I'm a v6 and is stupid enough not to turn down his bumpin stereo to hear that I'm no 6 cylinder then that's his fault....

Only problem is I constantly get messed with by v6 stangers nothing major it's just I have to make them **** their pants when I gun the motor and they hear the growl of the v8 under my hood.

wingless

P1010002_001.jpg

spoilbolt1.jpg

Picked up over 1mph in the quarter and lost a couple pounds to boot.

Mike

Attachments

• P1010002_001.jpg
    P1010002_001.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 95
  • spoilbolt1.jpg
    spoilbolt1.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 75
I also consitently gain 1 mph to my trap speed without the spoiler. Back to back runs, same launch (60 ft), same shifting, same E.T. 1 mph higher trap speed.

Then again, could have been a different wind gust, etc...etc. All other runs that night were 100.5-101. Without the wing last 3 runs were 101.6, 101.8, 102.2.

Did the wing contribute? Who knows. maybe. I like the wingless look.

Who knows, I've heard other consistant drivers say they've seen gains from not having the spoiler. You really need one of the best drivers out there to even begin putting that into fact though.

On the same note, ditching the hood scoop for something like a Steeda cowl hood should be good for *something*. It can look good (not on every car), but it CAN'T be good at 100mph.

I have no doubt in my mind that taking the spoiler off would equal a faster 1/4 :)
But someone said it's hard to get a good seal again when you put it back on? :shrug: So I haven't tried.

Headlight trick works great, I wanted to take spoiler off for track too.

JonJon said:
I have no doubt in my mind that taking the spoiler off would equal a faster 1/4 :)
But someone said it's hard to get a good seal again when you put it back on? :shrug: So I haven't tried.

Headlight trick works great, I wanted to take spoiler off for track too.

Yeah, I've never tried the headlight thing before, what did you pick up?

Now I'm just worred about messing around with my HID headlights and shocking myself with a bazillion volts. :rlaugh:

GinoGT said:
Yeah, I've never tried the headlight thing before, what did you pick up?

Now I'm just worred about messing around with my HID headlights and shocking myself with a bazillion volts. :rlaugh:
You have HIDs??? :fuss:
There's a GP on MustangWorld for $285 shipped with Hella ballasts but it's for 8300k and 12000k :(

Headlight gave me like 1-2 MPH... I ran with the headlight 2 runs, pulled it, ran 2 without it and MPH increased consistantly :)

mine is wingless, I had to fill and repaint my decklid since the previous owner moved the spoiler back an inch and a half. I looks good to me. Instead of noticing the spoiler you see my wide DR's and the 3" exhaust tips( MAC catback with 3" polished tips ). I'm trying to do a bullit look alike, but can't decide on factory bullit wheels or 18" bullits. If anybody is selling their car and it has bullits I might like to work a deal with you, holla at me.

04ShadowGT said:
Everyone support your opinion here since there have been a few people taking their spoilers off and pluging them and whatnot lately.

Personally, I think the SN95's look much better with the stock wing. On 99+, I feel it can go either way, but I tend to associate wingless with V6... which was why I was skeptical of Ford's 40th Package. But, I must say, there are ways to make wingless work better (drop, wheels, etc.). :nice:

IMO the 01 up wing looks like a shelf and messes up the lines of the car.

GinoGT said:
On the same note, ditching the hood scoop for something like a Steeda cowl hood should be good for *something*. It can look good (not on every car), but it CAN'T be good at 100mph.

I've noticed that at about 125mph it seems like the stock scoop might come flying off any second... :owned:

What do you guys think of the Steeda spoiler?

JonJon said:
You have HIDs??? :fuss:
There's a GP on MustangWorld for $285 shipped with Hella ballasts but it's for 8300k and 12000k :(

The higher you go in color temperatures, the less actual light output there is.

I got my system from www.misterjung.com . It's a 7000K system, it's the last one they offer where you see the actual color of the light, after that you go to a color coated bulb (their 7500K system). Mine starts up deep purple, gets white for a second, goes back through the purple (getting much brighter now), then to some of the whitest light I've ever seen. Takes a little under 10 seconds. Looking into the headlight itself, you might see a tiny tint of purple.

My friend has the same kit on his 00 Civic Si, and his are much more purple than mine. But his headlights aren't smoked like mine, so who knows.

GinoGT said:
The higher you go in color temperatures, the less actual light output there is.

I got my system from www.misterjung.com . It's a 7000K system, it's the last one they offer where you see the actual color of the light, after that you go to a color coated bulb (their 7500K system). Mine starts up deep purple, gets white for a second, goes back through the purple (getting much brighter now), then to some of the whitest light I've ever seen. Takes a little under 10 seconds. Looking into the headlight itself, you might see a tiny tint of purple.

My friend has the same kit on his 00 Civic Si, and his are much more purple than mine. But his headlights aren't smoked like mine, so who knows.
Yeah, that's why I don't want to buy the $285 kit. 8300k and 12000k are just ridiculous. I want 5300-6000k. Pics?