Winsor Jr. heads and cam combination.

f6cobra

Feb 24, 2004
I was thinking of buying used Windsor jr. heads from a guy I know pretty well. They have 1.7 ratio rockers. He said he had them on the car for about 10,000 miles and then took them off and sold the car. They have been sitting so they have surface rust and that sort of thing. Hes sending them out to be cleaned up. He said he would sell them for $300 bucks with the rockers and hardend pushrods. Is this a good deal? Are they decent heads? What kind of HP should i expect? I was also thinking of putting a cam in. What would be a good choice if i were to get these heads.

My car has 3.73 gears, bbk fenderwell air intake, maf conversion, 160 thermostat, off road h-pipe with 40 series flowmasters. Its a 1988 5-speed.

Any information you guys have would be awesome!! Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

300 for a set of heads from a guy you trust is a good deal. They flow better than GT40's. ESP with a little cleanup work. I have the SR's on my 351 and I gotta say they work good. They are out of the box stock.

You are going to need a good intake, cam, TB and mass air meter to take advantage of those heads.

i have the same heads, dart iron jr's, along with an e cam, and gotta say it runs like a raped ape.... ive also heard that they are more along the lines of a forced induction head over an N/A head becuase of the chamber size???? cant confirm that though...

The same guy also has an f303 cam that is used. He said that he would sell me this also. Although, its just the cam. Can I use my old lifters with this cam? Many people I have talked to said you cant use old lifters with a new or different cam. Help. Is there a better cam? Is there anything else I might need to replace if i were to use this cam.

Thank you guys for your imput. I need the help.