wiring feet neon help

HEy guys i got some neons to shine on the feet of the driver and passanger,
now i'm looking to hook them up to a fuse power supply like the radio fuse which will only come on when the car is turned on. Anyone have wiring diagram and or pictures or tutorial to show me how to do this. Thanks

Newb to wiring
k guyz.

• Sponsors (?)

I'd wire them to the headlight switch. Be careful, as an interior electrical fire would suck if you do it wrong. Those things can be really distracting too, especially at night if they glare on the windshield. My buddy has a blacklight in his truck and I hate it when it glares.

you can check www.veryuseful.com for a diagram. I have this diagram - it may actually be from www.veryuseful.com, but i'm not sure. Yeah, you might consider running them through the headlight switch though since you'll only want them on at night anyway.

Attachments

• lights-radio.jpg
    lights-radio.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 100
now that i see a diagram with a bunch of colors could you explain to me in lamons terms.

1) take your neon lights out of the packadge, cut the end off where the cig lighter part is, then you spit up the two wires inside (negative, posative) and you connec them to the brown wire.

just jump them off the accessory wires for the radio (not the constant) run them through a small toggle, you could hide it almost anywhere. doing that you run no risk of screwing up anything important like headlights. not to mention it is alot easier to get to.

make sure you put a fuse on them. normally the fuse is incorporated in the cig lighter plug, which you will have just cut off.

you could also put them on the blower motor circuit (30 amps, IIRC), to lessen the chance of blowing a fuse on something important. the manual switch is a nice idea.

you could also run a SPDT relay with the lights as the trigger (only adding a 150mA draw on your lighting circuit), but that might be a little harder for someone with limited wiring skills. just thought i would toss out the idea.

or you could try the cig lighter idea, in case you hate the lights...? just an idea (i think they would annoy me).

good luck.