Wiring harness: new or old?

• Sponsors (?)

Its hard to say. It depends some on weather or not you have any electrical problems or not.

I'm still running the original wiring from the firewall back. I rewired the engine bay with OE reproduction wiring. I think I may rewire the rest of the car this winter, but haven't decided. I think it would be a good project and would eliminate potential problems.

If the insulation is getting stiff or brittle, replace it. I have a car from the 50's that got new repro wiring over 10 years ago because I didn't like the look of the original stuff. I repaired a couple of spots, and realized it was going to be a annual event, so I changed it all, lest it get ahead of me and catch fire.

Please get a ford repro harness. I atempets to use a painless harness a few years ago and after 3 or 4 months of trying to make it work I endded up buying all new stuf from mustangs unlimited. also don't just rip the old harness out and try to put the new one in. its easier to run the new wires with the old ones still in there because some of the colors may be a little different.

I agree. Definitely get the reproduction harness and remove the old as the new is installed, so you can follow it and get all the wiring in the same place.

If you decide to rewire the car, that would be a good time to add a power distribution block under the dash for auxilary stuff if you have or are planning on adding any.