wiring

drip513

Jan 14, 2009
I need a little help, Ihave a true 1968 shelby in the shop and looking for a wiring schematic for the tack. and the anp gauge . I cant seem to find any thing on this none of the mustang parts houses have anything on the shelby add ons just the original mustang stuff. With a meter on the alt. it shows it is charging, but the anp. gauge in the dash shows nouthing, but if i turn the head lights ,and fog lights on it will show about 40 amp discharging. Now for the tack. it moves but only to around 4 you tell me????????????

• Sponsors (?)

The tach wiring is the same as other models that came with a factory tach-meaning GT models? (I'm not completely versed in this area), then there should be two odd wires near the conection for the inst cluster. THe pigtail on the back of the inst clister should be a moulded plug, however, the part that plugs into it may be to seperate wires, one with a male pigtail, and the other with a female pigtail. THe tach is wired in series with the ignition circuit, meaing if the tach fails, or is unpluged, the car will not run.
One good source for parts (meaning the correct wiring harnesses) for the console gauges, s Tony Branda Mustang Parts Shelby Parts Cobra Parts
We restored a 68 GT 500 for our senior busness partner. THe console gauges were not easy to figure out.
There are very few wiring diagrams. I do have a source, but am at home. I'l try to Google for it, but can't remember what the website was called...