Roush Work on Saleen Mustang

Blake A.

Aug 9, 2004
Hey I was looking threw some classifieds and I found a 2001 Saleen with 7K miles for 11,000. But there are some things that need work/replacement... I was wondering if any of you had sites I could get prices for on these items or tell me about what they cost. Its needs
-ECM main computer chip
-Front is messed up bad I need hood/lights/side panels/bumper
And thats really about it..please let me know if you got any info on it, thanks for time !

• Sponsors (?)

Blake A. said:
Hey I was looking threw some classifieds and I found a 2001 Saleen with 7K miles for 11,000. But there are some things that need work/replacement... I was wondering if any of you had sites I could get prices for on these items or tell me about what they cost. Its needs
-ECM main computer chip
-Front is messed up bad I need hood/lights/side panels/bumper
And thats really about it..please let me know if you got any info on it, thanks for time !

Could be a good deal but you never know. Have you inspected the vehicle? Is the frame bent? Sounds like it needs a new front end. need hood/lights/side panels/bumper??? You mean front fenders right? Sounds like a good deal for a body shop. Just think of nickel and dime yourself to death with everything else in there that everyone overlooks when you see the deal. What about the front rims. And why does it need a new ECM??

Because he said they stripped that off ... I didn't know what it was at tiem I talked to him so I did go into much more detail about it. Haven't seen it in person but If the parts arn't to much then I am going to be alot more interested in it then I already am :rolleyes:

Blake A. said:
Whats that cost to get done or w/e

Blake,

You could easily spend 5-7 grand putting that car back together. It's not just all of the big parts like the hood, fenders and front bumper, lights and so on, its everything else that makes the car stay together. After that you have to have the front clip re-painted, while you are there why don't you just re-spray the entire car. Then you order all of your new decals. The car still most likely ends up with a salvaged title. Unless your Dad or best friend owns a body shop, you could sink some serious dough in that thing. I don't really want to bust your bubble, but???
As for the ecu, what is wrong with it? Maybe there is something else that needs replacing and you don't even know about it yet?
I would take a pass if it were me and I have friend who owns a body shop.

Blake A. said:
Whats that cost to get done or w/e

Blake,

You could easily spend 5-7 grand putting that car back together. It's not just all of the big parts like the hood, fenders and front bumper, lights and so on, its everything else that makes the car stay together. After that you have to have the front clip re-painted, while you are there why don't you just re-spray the entire car. Then you order all of your new decals. The car still most likely ends up with a salvaged title. Unless your Dad or best friend owns a body shop, you could sink some serious dough in that thing. I don't really want to bust your bubble, but???
As for the ecu, what is wrong with it? Maybe there is something else that needs replacing and you don't even know about it yet?
I would take a pass if it were me and I have friend who owns a body shop. If it were economically feasible the wrecking yard who towed it in or the insurance co. would have repaired it in the first place.

You should really do some homework on this one, I remember someone (dealer) telling me that the Mustang has an anti-theft feature where you cannot replace the ECM unless it's a factory unit programmed to the VIN of the car. This prevents someone from swapping ECM's from a stolen car, or lower mileage car (since odometer is electronic and stored in the ECM). In either case better do your homework. Also anypics of the car? Then we can give you a better idea of what it would cost you to fix.

Mstng2 said:
You should really do some homework on this one, I remember someone (dealer) telling me that the Mustang has an anti-theft feature where you cannot replace the ECM unless it's a factory unit programmed to the VIN of the car. This prevents someone from swapping ECM's from a stolen car, or lower mileage car (since odometer is electronic and stored in the ECM). In either case better do your homework. Also anypics of the car? Then we can give you a better idea of what it would cost you to fix.

Nicely put.