working on the car today

sn-95matt5-0

Nov 6, 2006
well i've been working on fixing my oil leak since 2 this evening

is it just me or is it a pain to get to the valve covers on our cars:mad:

i would take something off and i would find 2 more things holding the valve cover on(has anyone else have this problem with a stock 94 gt)i got down to the intake and now there is a pipe that i'm not really sure wat it is holding the valve cover down...the pipe is runnin just on the top of the passenger side valve cover and i was wondering wat it is before i take it off...

also is there any cheap and easy way to get rid of some of the stuff under the hood...

i think i may have broken the pipe that goes from the headers up to the intake(the haynes book said it was the pca but i thought it was the egr i'm not sure)and some vacuum lines goin to intake where dry rotten and pretty much shattered.the ford dealership gave me some tubing to fix it.

• Sponsors (?)

The little vac. hard lines do get broken easly, the tubes work good.

The EGR tube...how do you think your messed it up? Did it break in half, strip the nut...or what? You prob. should replace it if its broke, leaving it undone and blocked will more than likely result in a ping issue.

Pipe on the valve covers???? the only thing I can think of is the heater cross over pipe on the pass. side. It is alittle of a PITA, you can try just undoing the nut that holds it to the bolt/stud on the lower intake. I was able to get the cross over up/on the stud and it gave me enough room to wiggle out the valve cover.

Easy way to clean up under the hood...do a search on hiding the wires, you can take it as far as you want and it does clean up the bay alittle.

thank you for the advice yeah the egr tube broke off at where it is has the bumps in it if you know wat i mean would i need to get a replacement at the deakership or wat

and i just thought were i had posted this thread it should be in tech i'm sorry for posting it here

alright guys the car is runnin fine now got everything back together

i just stuck the egr back together its running fine now is there a chance that this will cause problems in the near future

and the check engine light is on also i think it was because i had a bad vacuum leak but i fixed it....i have a code puller and i will be pulling codes tomorrow