Worst injury while working on your car?

i was puttng hangers on my truck for the 3/4 inch drop kit and i was laying on my back and the air chisle bit shot out went sraight in the air and landed sharp end down on my face. my face was split open and blood running down my face but i still finished out the job 4 hours later that isnt the worst but the best i can remember for now. i also used to burn the caution label on the back of the drop lights onto my skin but now we upgraded to florecent

• Sponsors (?)

glob of bondo in my eye....sucked

piece of metal stuck in my eyeball from the angle grinder

Ive had bad accidents non car related ^ that was the worst pain I have ever experienced in my life.

finger went into the grinding wheel sharpening a chisel. stupid move. it always an adventure pulling of your latex glove to see what how bad you finger is mangled. still have no feeling on the tip.

While under the car I droped a 1/4 inch ratchet with an 18mm socket on it onto my forehead while i was tightening something above me. Made a really nice lump with a cut to top it off lol. It just looked really stupid and I had to explain to everyone what happened.

aliate that reminds me

undoing header nuts with an impact wrench, i took the gun down and all the extensions, ujoint, and the socket itself momentarily got stuck on the nut, then proceeded to fall on my face and neck :nice:

the worst iv had was when i was taking my springs off, and i thought it was fully decompressed, but it wasnt. so i removed the jack from under the a arm, and started to wiggle the spring out. well the whole a arm, spindle and strut crushed my finger between the a arm and the jack. cut off most of my nail and left a nice big cut.

Well, not on a mustang, but on the other things I wrench on, F-16's. One day I was refueling the jet while it was still running (called Hot Pits), after I was all done, I pulled the Landing Gear pins and went to put them in the little pin box in the Left Wheel Well. When I went in the well, I bumped my head but thought I just hit the Intercom set I was wearing. I put the pins away and then looked toward the back of the wheel well. The white bulkhead was now almost completely red. You see there is an exhaust duct right in front of the wheel well from the Environmental Control System that blows pretty strong air out, and it was blowing the blood off of my head onto the bulkhead. You guys should of seen the look on the pilots face when I came out and told him he was good to go! Result was 8 staples and a day off!!

Mini sledge to the package. I honestly don't kno how it happened, but i was under the motor bay of an engineless eclipse, the sledge was in the motor bay and I guess from trying to brek a bolt loose it fell. That sucked but the most painfull was getting my hand stuck on a hot h pipe.

One time i was torqueing my lugnuts back on my car using just a long rachet, and my hands slipped off smashing my thumbs into the pavement. Both of my thumb nails were ripped up from the nailbed at a 90degree angle. That hurt so damn bad...

Good God you guys are a danger to yourself and others. :D

Never done anything real major just busted knuckles, some burns, nice bruises on my arms and stuff and the occasional bruised ego.

Me and a friend were lifting a 4g63 longblock (dsm engine) out the back of his truckbed. As we were setting it down on the ground I lost grip and the intake manifold caught my bicep ripping off the skin with it. I seriously had no skin there, just a huge road rash looking scab.

My arm looked like one of those red skeleton men you would see in biology class.

doesn't sound that bad, but man, this sucked...

when i worked @ grease monkey i used to ge all pissed off at customers on saturdays mostly because of their stupidity. anyway, in anger of another "stupid customer" i slammed the door of some volvo, trapping my right index finger in the door jamb... oh man, talk about the longest lasting pain EVAR! that was about last may, and my nail still isn't growing the same.

also one time when i was in a hurry, i was jacking up my 91 with one of those mini hydrolic jacks, and in the process of going up and down so fast, the jack handle slipped from the insert causing my to punch the pavement at about 100mph. lol man, that one pissed me off.