Worst injury you've ever received?

I was helping a friend of mine move about 8 years ago, I was moving his bed out, and picked it up a little too high and busted a large light fixture. Well a big chunk of it came down and caught me right next to my nose, and under my right eye. Made a pretty deep cut that was pretty long. It kinda slants away from my nose and down. They put 25 stitches inside to the muscles, and another 40 or so on the outside. It left a pretty healthy scar.

Plus I am just getting over having ACL reconstruction, and a meniscus tear fix. When I was having the surgery the Dr. broke the drill bit off in my bone, so they had to slice the whole knee open and invert my knee cap so they could get in there and pull out the busted piece. Good times.

• Sponsors (?)

1994Vib.RedGT said:
last year on the night before thanksgiving I got attacked by a drunken redneck with a roll of quarters in his hand. he hit me square on my left eye. my nose broke, the orbital eyewall broke and collapsed so my eye actually went back in my head and down a little bit, severed the nerve to the right side of my face, and my sinuses filled with blood. I had to have surgery on the eyewall, so now everything is back in place and looks fine, but I have a titanium plate bracing the orbital wall under my eye, and yes i do set off metal detectors :rolleyes:. I just completly got the feeling back in my face last month. i have to go to court this summer to tesify against the mother****er, he ended up getting charged with felony assult inflicting serious injury or something like that. then after the criminal trial we are suing his sorry ass.

damn did you do something to warrant that? or was is just some random thing?

mikeflys1 said:
I havent had many except for breaking both my pinky fingers......My left one in high school playing soccer in gym class. We had two games going side by side and someone from the other side kicked it towards me but i was paying attention to my own game. He yelled "look out" and right as i turned and looked i took the ball right to the finger. It was like one of The Matrix moments.....if he never yelled i wouldnt have turned and gotten it broken lol.

The right one was just something stupid at work.....got pissed off and punched a wall. Hand hurt like a mofo and i went to the hospital a couple hours later. Boxer's fracture woohoo.....had my hand in a cast for like 3 weeks.

Boo-who whiner I broke my pinky Boo-whooooo.

I'm a motocross racer so I could list tons of injurys.
So I will just name one crash injury.
Shattered ankle both bones and now I have a metal plate and 44 screws in my ankle. Same crash I broke three ribs and both thumbs.

I'll be 50 years old june 15 and I still race.
:cheers:

95BLKGT5.0 said:

I'm a motocross racer so I could list tons of injurys.
So I will just name one crash injury.
Shattered ankle both bones and now I have a metal plate and 44 screws in my ankle. Same crash I broke three ribs and both thumbs.

I'll be 50 years old june 15 and I still race.
:cheers:

Shouldn't you be thinking about your grandkids now pops? :jester: j/k

95BLKGT5.0 said:

Well....Fu ck you :nice:

Who was whining?, I just havent had any serious injuries. I more think its funny than anything managing to break both of them but never anything else. But whatever you're so tough :hail2:

crushed 3 vertabra in a compression injury from a dirtbike accident. After riding for 8hrs with about 6 buds (did this every weekend for the summer for years), was messing out on the sand at a local park and there was a sand track there. In cooling down from the woods (were I did 90% of my riding) ran the track and got throt. locked in the whoops. I endo'd the bike as I was bucked in 3rd gear over the bars. Shatterd' the brain bucket, broke a tallon(sp?) front hub, cracked the front fork were down at the axle, cracked the neck, the bike ran back over me and left a front tire mark on my chest. Bent the Renth. bars, the foot pegs tore threw my Thore 454 pants at the knee were there was kevlar pading tearing 6in cuts down my knee to my lower shins. I then rode 1-2 miles back to my truck loaded it up myself, and drove1-1 1/2 hours to work to work a 6hr shift until midnight. My buds were wanting to help but I just wanted to focus on an activity to keep my mind off the pain. I took 1200mg of hydrocodone(sp?) I had left over from my wisdome teeth op. the month earlyier. Fun times

I knew I broke something but when I noticed I could feel my legs and move them my fear droped about 90%. I went to the doctor a whole year later as the pain just started getting to me. They took x-rays and said from how and were the verabra were damaged that there would be a 80% chance of me not walking after the surg. I got up and said well I am walking 100% now so see ya. Going to the gym and be active helps as most of the pain is muscle from the muscle insertion points being tweaked, the gym keeps my pain well under controle to the point only extreme temp changes gives me pain.

Hmmm,

Well I have been shot on two different occasions, Once in the shoulder/chest area just off the edge of my vest. The other time was in the upper right leg thru and thru to the left leg and another hit in the right calf in the same incident. And I spent 6 months in the hospital when I got caught in the open during a mortor attack, that brought new levels to the work Sucks.... I had so many holes in me it was not funny.. But serving 23 years in the infantry it was bound to happen sometime. Atleast I can still walk and do about 80% of anything I want to do phyiscally.

VooDooChild said:
Hmmm,

Well I have been shot on two different occasions, Once in the shoulder/chest area just off the edge of my vest. The other time was in the upper right leg thru and thru to the left leg and another hit in the right calf in the same incident. And I spent 6 months in the hospital when I got caught in the open during a mortor attack, that brought new levels to the work Sucks.... I had so many holes in me it was not funny.. But serving 23 years in the infantry it was bound to happen sometime. Atleast I can still walk and do about 80% of anything I want to do phyiscally.

Damn, realy makes you thankfull and think about all those guys who are in your situation or sadly even worse.

Thanks for the service and your sacrifice for us all. :flag:

mikeflys1 said:
damn did you do something to warrant that? or was is just some random thing?

I did nothing to him, I had never even met him before, I was at the parking lot at the mexican restaraunt and there were a bunch of rednecks sitting there in the parking lot and they started talking some **** to me so i revved the motor and dropped the clutch to just kind say "screw you" and one of them threw a beer and hit my car (the stang nonetheless) so I pulled off up the street to take a look at it, I get out to look at my car and here this guy is running twords me with a gang of about 20 of his redneck buddies behind him, he ran at me full speed and nailed me right in eye. then all his buddies took off, I tried to chase them down, but one of the big dodge trucks was blocking me on the road, so I called the cops and went back to the parking lot, and surely enough, they all come rolling back in. the cops actually had to chase him down like pursuit chase, but they finally got him. needless to say when he walked by me in the handcuffs I was screaming my ass off at him with every profanity I know, and the police had to hold me back. what really sucks though is that this whole time my eye is caved in and my nose is pouring out blood like a sink. it is amazing what adrenaline can do for you. but the whole incident happened at about 10:45, by the time the whole ordeal with the cops was over and I had been to see the magistrate to swear out warrants, I finally went to the hospital at 1:00 am, and wasnt released until 4:45 am. then i had to eat thanksgiving dinner with my family with my face all busted up and wearing an eye patch like a pirate, it was a little embarrasing. then i had the surgery on dec 10, and was out of school for a whole week. so needless to say, i am ready to see this son of a bitch go behind bars and become the bitch that he is in prison.

Damn, realy makes you thankfull and think about all those guys who are in your situation or sadly even worse.

Thanks blksn955.o that means alot to me. I now have a son that is serving in Iraq in the Al Anbar sector with 2nd MarDiv. We need to remember that we still have people in harms way, and do what we can to support them. I can tell you first hand how much just the trivial things that we do back home effect our military. ie. A card saying thanks sent to someone serving, a care package with a little taste of home. Those things that might seem small to the people caught up in everyday life mean a great deal and have a profound impact to the guys and gals on the ground. A simple drawing that an 8 year old girl had sent me of her standing next to an american flag while she was saluting cheered me up when I was feeling pretty down while I was there. I still have that crayon drawing framed and hanging in my office. To me that will be charished the rest of my life.

Sorry to highjack the tread, I am off my soapbox...

Continue with the carnage... :banana:

OinkAodeOink said:
Motocross accident, 3rd gear riding out a set of rough whoops and went over the bars..
shattered T4,T5,T6,T7,T8 and compression factured T9, and T10.. Broke two ribs and ended up paralyzed at T6-7.

Beat that!! lol
Ok so you win lol. :D

I cigar rolled from 35ft jumpin out of perfectly good airplanes ended up screwing up my s/i and hip pretty bad (to the point where they cant even do surgery to fix it) thank god not as bad as oink but the pain is never going to go away (tried physical therapy and chiropratics). Oh and recently I managed to break my foot had to get two metal screws put in it and they will come out in aug so I can go to afghanistan in early next year. I wont let them medically discharge me just yet :D .

Wrecked my 4-wheeler, leg went between the rear tire and fender, breaking it in 3 places. Had to have a rod and 3 pins put in my leg for about a year and a half. I still walk with a slight limp at times, and I can't really feel half my knee.

Car accident July 2001, hit at 180 km/h from behind, flipped 23 times down highway, surprisingly did not die! Shattered growth plate in right ankle, tore ligaments all over my body, some serious bleeding along my entire right side, lost 2 rear teeth, broke right hand, back badly bruised (about one cubic foot of bruising) ended up doing 5 months of physio, and strangely, I was the healthier of the two people in the car at the end...

Other guy paralyzed, out of the military, and into a huge pension. Guy that hit us was "just out to kill someone" (in his own words, no alcohol or drugs in his system) and actually made it a little further down the road in his 95 Chevy Astro, before pulling something off his, now rolled, van, and beating a 65 year old lady over the head with it, causing severe lacerations.

Then the military cops showed up...I won't say much more! :nice:

guy's still in prison

xr8d302 said:
Car accident July 2001, hit at 180 km/h from behind, flipped 23 times down highway, surprisingly did not die! Shattered growth plate in right ankle, tore ligaments all over my body, some serious bleeding along my entire right side, lost 2 rear teeth, broke right hand, back badly bruised (about one cubic foot of bruising) ended up doing 5 months of physio, and strangely, I was the healthier of the two people in the car at the end...

Other guy paralyzed, out of the military, and into a huge pension. Guy that hit us was "just out to kill someone" (in his own words, no alcohol or drugs in his system) and actually made it a little further down the road in his 95 Chevy Astro, before pulling something off his, now rolled, van, and beating a 65 year old lady over the head with it, causing severe lacerations.

guy's still in prison

Wow what an F'n wacko that guy was good thing they through hiss @$$ in prison.

xr8d302 said:
Guy that hit us was "just out to kill someone" (in his own words, no alcohol or drugs in his system) and actually made it a little further down the road in his 95 Chevy Astro, before pulling something off his, now rolled, van, and beating a 65 year old lady over the head with it, causing severe lacerations.

guy's still in prison

Dude WTF??! He started beating a 65 year old lady? Did someone at least beat his sorry a$$ before the cops showed up? Geez..... :nonono: