Would I be able to hang with stock 99-up GT?

• Sponsors (?)

UofMfooTbaLL24 said:
I have a 98 GT 5 speed with underdrive pulleys, bbk cai, flowmaster 40 series mufflers, and now 3.73's. Would I be able to stick with a 99 and Up GT? What do you guys think?

Your still going to be down on power, although the gears will help off the line. I think your in with a chance up to 50 or 60 mph, then my money would be on the 99+.

UofMfooTbaLL24 said:
I have a 98 GT 5 speed with underdrive pulleys, bbk cai, flowmaster 40 series mufflers, and now 3.73's. Would I be able to stick with a 99 and Up GT? What do you guys think?

i'm with them. the 99+ will take you in the upper rpms.

put on a pi intake and plenum/tb and you might be able to give him a run for his money.

or do a pi headswap and you'll be able to show him who's his daddy.

Okay thanks, yeah i know i don't have enough mods, im 18 and im in highschool. The car came with the mods it had on it besides the gears and the mufflers. I was thinking about putting an O/R H-pipe on it, what's a good one for a good price do you think? the prochamber seems a bit pricey for me... also, how do you think it would sound w/ 40 series mufflers? Thanks

UofMfooTbaLL24 said:
Okay thanks, yeah i know i don't have enough mods, im 18 and im in highschool. The car came with the mods it had on it besides the gears and the mufflers. I was thinking about putting an O/R H-pipe on it, what's a good one for a good price do you think? the prochamber seems a bit pricey for me... also, how do you think it would sound w/ 40 series mufflers? Thanks

You can get a MAC o/r h pipe for around 120 bucks. It will sound sweet with the flows. I have MAC long tubes, o/r h pipe and the flowmaster AT catback. I get compliments all the time. Although I just ordered a Dr. Gas x pipe. I can't wait to hear what that sounds like.

UofMfooTbaLL24 said:

I have a prochamber for sale if you are interested. I will give you a good deal. PM me or reply here.