Would I be able to hang with stock 99-up GT?

• Sponsors (?)

DEpends alot on the driver! Theres some 99+ guys that just cant drive there was one last year at commerce who could not break out of the 15's w/ a 5 spd. I have a 98gt stock except for exhaust and i hit a 14.4@95 last year. I have some nittos now so im going back tomorrow night to shave a few tenths off. Just learn your car and beat the 'Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me' out of it at the track and you may be able to see high 13's

My friend has a 90 5.0 convertible with underdrive pulleys, CIA, headers (and full exhaust), MSD and 3.55s and he dyno'd at 238hp to the wheels, so that's 99 GT territory right there. He's got the gears, but I'm lighter.. I think that race would be close.

You almost have the same mods as him, as well as the same stock hp (225hp) so you're very close.

Smeech said:
My friend has a 90 5.0 convertible with underdrive pulleys, CIA, headers (and full exhaust), MSD and 3.55s and he dyno'd at 238hp to the wheels, so that's 99 GT territory right there. He's got the gears, but I'm lighter.. I think that race would be close.

You almost have the same mods as him, as well as the same stock hp (225hp) so you're very close.

The 5.0s (except the '94-'95) with bolt ons make more power than '96-'98 4.6s with bolt ons. It's not that hard to get a bolt on 5.0 to 230 rwhp, it's pretty damn difficult to get a bolt on '96-'98 to 230 rwhp. Your talking cam and/or intake swaps plus bolt ons to get the '96-'98 to 230.