Would this work ? (axles + ABS)

Stangfreak95

add a 4
Founding Member
Nov 4, 2002
In your sister. If none, your mom
I have a set of aftermarket axles here brand new in the box. Also have a 31spline carrier for them. But since the car is for sale, and that I might have to strip everything down, I wanna make it easier for the install (..if I decide to install them).

Since I got ABS, like most of you, I have those "tone rings" (..I think thats how they're called..) that are on the stock axles. I dont feel like buying new ones or removing them cause I've heard they're very fragile. So my question is can I just install the new axles without the tone rings, and then remove the ABS fuse or something so I dont get a code ?

• Sponsors (?)

They are SIMPLE to remove, reinstalling can be a little tricky. I actually bought new rings and had a local shop press them on (it doesn't requir emuch force at all to get these on and off). The problem was that for whatever reason they didn't go on straight and "egged out" and wouldn't stay on the axle. I had to then prress the stock ones off and put them on my new axles being a little more careful this time.

94-302-vert said:
Heck i have a broken sesnor and the light is on that is about it... so if you can live with that then go for it and do nothing...

Chris

Yes, but he is selling the car. It really isn't that easy to sell a car to someone that has a problem with it like this. Kinda like Check Engine lights. If the person doesn't know what he is doing and buying the car he might stay away from it. Then comes the, well I have to get this fixed... So can you take 400 off the price?