would u do this?

Alright, me n the g/f were out car shopping today and i saw a victory red 06 cobalt ss with 1200 miles on it. so i ask the salesmen how much he wants for it and he asked if im tradin my truck. So after we talk for awhile and i take the test drive, i come back and he says he will do it even up, all i have to do is pay tax, title, and registration for new plates. I think its a good deal since he is gonna give me 17k for my truck, all other dealers have been around 10k for it. The car has absolutely nothing wrong, some girl drove it and didnt want a stick so she bought a regular coupe. The thing has some power behind it and still got 24mpg in town with my driving. Should i go for this or not? also, parents are willing to help pay since its a chevy and has a full warranty bumper to bumper(including plugs and crap)

Also, Come spring i plan on sellin the gsxr to fund another project car so i will be buying another stang in march, probably a 98 4.6 because they go cheap around here, turn that into a strip car more than likely and have the ss for mileage

• Sponsors (?)

i think it might come down to how much you enjoy it and what you are looking to use it for. my g/f has a cobalt ss. yes, its probably a good daily driver, but i cant even begin to compare how much more enjoyable it is to drive the stang after i drive the ss. RWD FTW!

yeah, i just need it for a good daily driver until the bike is gone, then another stang will be bought in place of the bike. I am moving over towards st.louis and i dont want my 4x4 10mpg truck over there so 24mpg in town would be nice. Once march comes around and i buy either an older 4.6 or a 5.0, ill be about 10 min. away from gateway so i can go race down there finally. The ss is just for a daily driver and the price seems cheap to me. It was a blast to drive compared to my truck, Ill see what the guy says tomorrow and its up to my parents from that, moms my cosigner right now. Payments should be less than my truck so i think its a steal for me. I wont be like the rest of the 4cyl guys and rice it out though, only daily driver stock

im completely anti ricer, no bodymods for me. The only thing id consider would be springs, wheels, and thats about it. I forgot to mention the car has the recaro seats in it and a 6disc changer. I wont rice it out, maybe just a smaller pulley and a tune for some added horses.

I don't ike them IMO every one I have seen has paint imperfections from the factory (IE bumper doesn't match the fenders from an angle), however I like them more than the SRT4s (even though the car has definate relations in the chevy family, but at least its not anoter model plus a number designation... ie cavalier Mark 20billion).

If you don't need your truck any more sounds like a steal to me.

i wont ever need my truck again, bought it hoping to use it on the farm and was never allowed too, they were worried about hurting the paint. At work we have an 02 chevy 2500hd that we tear the **** outta so i wont use my truck anymore, most of my family has 4x4s if needed, my bro is about to buy a 4x4 within a week so ill be good without it

I was under the impression that small gm cars are junk, I don't really know, so nobody get pissed...:p I must say though, I've heard an srt-4 with no cats and some sort of exhaust and OMG, you could hear that turbo spooling :D one of the meanest sounding cars i've heard in a while.

i hate dodge, my dad used to rebuild neons nonstop to sell to 16year old girls here in town at his bodyshop and im so sick of looking at them. You could hear the stock s/c on the cobalt whine alot too. I think im gonna try to go for this deal if my parents allow, they should since i pay for it

There should be no taxes if you are doing an even up deal. All you should have to pay is whatever doc fees the dealer charges.

But that is a great deal imo, I would do it in a minute. The new cobalts are pretty nice and the SS is cool looking imo.

If they are giving to 7k more for your truck than anywhere else, id do it.

The Cobalt's are cool cars. Just keep it anti rice. The full warrenty and 24mpg with a blower are really good assets.

Go for it....if you were buying it outright...I'd say no, but in this case, seems like a good decision.

If anything, de-rice it by getting rid of that gawd awful spoiler.

Is there an aftermarket for the cars yet? Just curious, since they are actually pretty quick stock.

yeah they have a stage 5 or 6 kit that adds 100 horsepower to them with just a pulley, heat exhanger, tune, and injectors i think. Its pretty cheap i think the whole kit is 1500 and fairly simple to install and gets the motor ready for nitrous if necessary. The fastest one stock one ive seen i think it trapped at 100 in the quarter, but im not for sure. They are making quite a bit of aftermarket for them already.

They aren't bad looking cars. If a dealership is offering you more than what your truck is worth though, you should be cautious and look everything over a few times. It's not often that they offer over retail on a truck ;)

yeah, they are only offering me 1k over what the other chevy dealership offered me on an 07 ss. The dealership is in a mainly redneck truck town and county so they sell alot more 4x4's than they do little cars. I looked it over really good and it hasnt been abused at all. Im gonna go look at it during better light next time so i can look under the hood. tires were perfect.