Wrecked car, pics

1slow95

Founding Member
May 16, 2002
ohio
I spent all of yesterday afternoon at a car show, and after it was over I headed to Outback to meet my parents for dinner. On the way there I decided to stop at the office for a minute, so I put my blinker on with plenty of time and hit the brakes so the person behind me had plenty of time to slow down. Well, she didn't see me and I didn't realize it till the last second. I was allready turning so I cut the wheel and mashed the gas, and I thought I actually made it for a split second before I felt a push and my car did a 180. I spun around and slid backwards into a thorn bush, less than 2 feet from taking out our sign. Both of us are ok, but her car looked pretty messed up. My car needs a new bumper cover and a new rear tire. Im going to get an estimate this afternoon and hopefully she'll be good as new in a week or two.

9-17-06%20108.jpg

9-17-06%20109.jpg

9-17-06%20111.jpg

9-17-06%20110.jpg

Attachments

• 9-17-06%20108.jpg
    9-17-06%20108.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 9-17-06%20109.jpg
    9-17-06%20109.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 9-17-06%20111.jpg
    9-17-06%20111.jpg
    339.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 9-17-06%20110.jpg
    9-17-06%20110.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Sponsors (?)

Tire got pushed up into the fenderwell and it put some deep cuts into it.

Im going with a Cobra bumper, but Im not sure if I want a 95 Cobra(MUSTANG), or a 96+ Cobra(COBRA). What do you guys think?

The Green GT said:
Get the '94-95. I dont like Cobra bumpers unless it really is a cobra. I would just get a GT bumper.

I agree with that for stockish mustangs, but I think my car more than qualifies to carry the Cobra name. So which one looks better?

Mike, personally if you could find a bumper with NO lettering on it, that's what I'd get. Don't get me wrong, I'm as proud as anyone that I have a mustang, but I think in a car such as yours that it would make for a cleaner appearing look. Itsup to you, and I'm not sure if there are even repro's out there without the letters, but if there is that's my suggestion.

Damn Mike, that really sucks!!! That's exactly what my rear bumper looked like after I backed into a black car that was parked in a no parking zone at night. I sorta gave it a quick look, but never noticed the car until i heard the crunch. I was able to pop the bumper cover back out, but I had to poke a hole in it and use my slide hammer, pulling on the handle instead of using the weight to do the work. You really can't tell it ever happened except for the small hole that closed itself up, and the touch-up paint on the spot where I threaded the screw in.

My vote is for "MUSTANG" or nothing. It's not a Cobra, even though it may "qualify" to carry the badge.

If a guys new girlfriend was as good as the old girlfriend, he STILL couldn't call her by the old girlfriends name and get away with it. Even if she "qualifies". ;) Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

wow mike, that's bad news for sure

doesn't look too bad, just find a regular rear bumper for any mustang and shave the lettering to have nothing back there at all...

might look sexy, or you could shave off the "mu" and the "gt" and do the classic "stang" theme on your bumper...:shrug:

Killercanary said:
Mike, personally if you could find a bumper with NO lettering on it, that's what I'd get. Don't get me wrong, I'm as proud as anyone that I have a mustang, but I think in a car such as yours that it would make for a cleaner appearing look. Itsup to you, and I'm not sure if there are even repro's out there without the letters, but if there is that's my suggestion.

He could get them filled in. A lot of guys with 99+GT cars get 03 cobra bumpers and they get it filled. Looks really good.

Sucks about the car. One of my favs on the site.

Killercanary said:
I agree completely