Wrecked

Hey All,

Don't know many of you but lots of you have helped me with my car so I figured I could post this here, just to get it out if nothing else. Anywho, I let my roommate drive the stang tonight just from the grocery down the street (<2 miles) it had been raining so the roads were just wet enough to be slick but this wasn't the first time he had driven it, and not the first time in the rain so I thought nothing of it. We took off from the light and got to fishtailing sideways, he went to correct but I am guessing he overcorrected and we went the other way. Ended up going backwards up over a curb and into a guardrail (metal) blocking a 15ft fall to concrete. Everyone in the car was fine and when I first got out the damage didn't look too bad, looked like just the bumper was screwed. As I got closer I could see that the drivers side back wheel was TOTALLY ripped off and it ripped the brake metal thingy (sorry) behind it in half. Both drivers side rims are screwed and chewed and who knows about the damage to the axle/unibody. Got it towed to a body shop nearby and now we just have to wait and see what comes next.

I didn't have full coverage on my car :bang: just liability, and I am not sure about his insurance or if he was actualy current with it or not. Luckily he does have a bit of money coming from the school soon and he is totally willing to pay to fix it.

God this really sucks, didn't see it coming...ah well guess $**t happens. Any body have any experience with this sort of thing? I go through progressive but I am guessing they won't do much seeings as I only have liability probably just going to have to pay myself for it. Oh well, all suggestions and condolences are welcome! She will ride again though, mark my words!

Heres a pic....

pic1.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Luckily no one was hurt. The good thing is that the wheels can be had pretty cheap, but the rear end is going to be pretty expensive. Be sure to check the axles, axle tubes, upper control arms, lower control arms, caliper mounting brackets, etc. The rear bumper cover shouldn't be too bad, but if the actual bumper itself and the rear frame is damaged then it could get expensive real quick. Good luck!