WTB: windshield 65-68 Mustang

• Sponsors (?)

GA Pony farm, what price did you give for your replacement? I was quoted over $500 from every shop I called(10 to 15 glass shops), but John's Mustang has it for about half that price plus shipping.
I inquired about the rear glass and it was the same price at the local glass shops; that would mean it would cost over $1,000 for frt. and back replacement!

Windshied

Well I can find reproduction for just under $100.00, the problem I run into is that the glass is about 1/2 the thickness of the orignal and very easy to break.... I need to find a Carlite brand and see how much they go for.... About a week ago I tried to install a reproduction glass made in Japan, I had about 5 " left to seal the windshield and I snapped the glass into a million pieaces. I was beyound pissed, I had to clean all the Buytl sealer off the car and buy a new seal as well as a windshield. The reason it snapped is that in order to get a good seal, you have to pry up the rubber gasket and fill the inside with buytl sealer, " its a protelum based rubber sealer.. ; "very messy" so that is the reason I'm looking for Orginal windshield "or something just the same thickness. Thanks for your help Gents