X or H? Which is LOUDER.

• Sponsors (?)

Im not trying to be a smart ass but this question is really asked too much. Seems like every week we see X or H pipe, or we get the 3.73 or 4.10 question. But I guess people have no choice you cant run a search on x pipe you get the "The search term you specified (x) is under the minimum word length (3)" message. Wish the search function was more usefull so people wouldnt ask the same questions all the time.

blubullitt said:
Im not trying to be a smart ass but this question is really asked too much. Seems like every week we see X or H pipe, or we get the 3.73 or 4.10 question. But I guess people have no choice you cant run a search on x pipe you get the "The search term you specified (x) is under the minimum word length (3)" message. Wish the search function was more usefull so people wouldnt ask the same questions all the time.

The simple solution to that problem would be to try typing in "midpipe" instead ... that should cover everything then.

To answer the ? ... The H is louder because the design of the X cancels out some of the noise that an H doesn't ... that's a fact. However that doesn't mean an X can't be loud either. What actually sounds better is something you'll get 1000 different opinions for so try a new search and read on.

Actually through my own experience the X-pipe has been louder. I have had three different O/R midpipes on my cobra, two X-pipes and one H-pipe. The X-pipes were the louder than the H-pipe. My cobra is actually even louder than my convertible when under acceleration.