X-pipe/H-pipe & Autologic

jadie24k

Mar 26, 2007
I've got a 2002 GT with a procharger kit, running an autologic chip. It seems my stock cats have melted, causing my car to feel like it's towing an anchor when accelerating, especially at low rpms. I had my car dynoed, it put down decent numbers, albeit the peak torque was a little low and came later in the rpm range than the tuner expected.

Anyways, my solution is going to be to replace the stock cats with an X or H-pipe. I am still running the stock exhaust system. After the melted cat(s) is gone, I will replace the rest of the exhaust as my budget permits.

Here is my question. I have read that just throwing in an X or H-pipe will cause the ECU to throw codes. However, I have an autologic chip. Will it still throw codes and will I need a MIL eliminator? Or, will the autologic take care of the codes? Also, it has been my experience with other cars that getting rid of the cats causes the exhaust gasses to be much hotter. Will this cause damage to the 02 sensors? If so, is there any way around this?

I am new to mustangs, would appreciate any input/advice you guys can offer. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

The chip should fix those problems you are worrying about, CEL and codes. The 02 sensors should be fine, a lot of people run o/r pipes on here and have no trouble with them.

The chip CAN take care of the CEL but there is no guarantee that the rear o2's have been turned off on the the tune that you have on the chip. Just swap out the pipe if you get the CEL you can either have the tune updated on the chip, or you can just get some MIL eliminators.