X-pipe sound?

Thanks for all the info on the X, I went ahead and ordered the Pypes o/r X it was $169 shipped and no handling. I want the exhaust note to be raspy Im kinda tired of the sound it has now. Depending on how good it sounds with Flowmasters 40's I will decide if to get the Dynomax race bullets soon.

Oh bought it from Blue Oval Industries.

Please post a sound clip im going to be buying an Off road X this week too...so i would like an idea what you think and how it sounds...:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I haven't been to E-Town I go to Atco since it's closer.

Would you be interested in renting the track for the day? i have 3 buddies who would be in, along with Brian and his family (25thmustang). It something like 200 bucks for 15 people to rent atco for the DAY. like 9am to 4pm. You could get a crapload of passes in thats for sure and it would be an all around fun day! In the spring of course but if we could get a bunch of people to come down and run it would be a good time! We can take it to PM's if you want :)

Would you be interested in renting the track for the day? i have 3 buddies who would be in, along with Brian and his family (25thmustang). It something like 200 bucks for 15 people to rent atco for the DAY. like 9am to 4pm. You could get a crapload of passes in thats for sure and it would be an all around fun day! In the spring of course but if we could get a bunch of people to come down and run it would be a good time! We can take it to PM's if you want :)

PM sent and for everyone else I'll try to have a video of my exhaust up today or this weekend.

is that $200 per person? or $200 all together?

i wish our track would do something like that

Thats $200 a person...I am very interested in renting the track for the day.I have alot of getting used to the new combo im putting together in my 87 GT..The only prblem is i have a convertible and anything faster then 13.4 you need a 6 point roll bar and safety harness i do not have that stuff yet so im wondering even if i pay $200 for the day will they stop me from racing? I dont know if i will be faster then that butim thinking i will be and im hoping i will be...with all the work im doing to this sled....lol....:D

Ok switched out the H for the X today, install was pretty straight forward no problems. I was a bit disapointed in the sound, the H had a deeper rumble and now with the X it seems not too loud anymore. At WOT it does scream with a higher pitch though, I will probably end up taking the tails off and running it with dumps. Ahhh.....the never ending story of trying to find that perfect sound. LOL

Ok switched out the H for the X today, install was pretty straight forward no problems. I was a bit disapointed in the sound, the H had a deeper rumble and now with the X it seems not too loud anymore. At WOT it does scream with a higher pitch though, I will probably end up taking the tails off and running it with dumps. Ahhh.....the never ending story of trying to find that perfect sound. LOL

What mufflers do you have?...and all around its quiet?..meaning idle too..it is an off road X right?...i have the off road H now like i said in previous posts..so you think i should stick with the H pipe?...:shrug:..I was told with the new super 44's the X is the way to go to get rid of the rapping noise when floored i get this annoying noise i was told it because the exhaust doesnt flow right with an H it will flow better with the X better scavaging or something like that...does it feel better anyways? SOUND clip please...lol

I'll try to get a sound clip in the next day or two :nice:

Also for those interested, in the next month or two i'll post up a thread with names for the Atco track rental day :nice:

Cool thanks...I like the way my car sounds at idle but dont like it when the car is going ...lol...i mean it sounds like well cant explain it with these new super 44's it has an older 60's car sound and at higher rpms sounds crappy it raps..like a bad pulsation like a 50's glass pack... i was told an X pipe will get rid of that....:shrug: My car is pretty loud now so it will be quieter then... i hope not i like the loudness...lol..Put me it for atco too...hoping the 87 will be done by then...

Ok guys were is the sound clips...:shrug:,,,LOL...i want to buy an off raod X pipe but im kinda scared LOL...i already have an off road H pipe that i can use on my 87 but the 93 is my daily and i want to know will it be louder or not I mean its ok if it is...lol...Is it really more raspy sounding then the H pipe?.I have the new super 44's and there pretty loud for a stock 5.0 i just want a different tone then the H pipe...

Ok guys were is the sound clips...:shrug:,,,LOL...i want to buy an off raod X pipe but im kinda scared LOL...i already have an off road H pipe that i can use on my 87 but the 93 is my daily and i want to know will it be louder or not I mean its ok if it is...lol...Is it really more raspy sounding then the H pipe?.I have the new super 44's and there pretty loud for a stock 5.0 i just want a different tone then the H pipe...

post #32...my junkie too-luh.
click, watch, ......, profit!!