X Plan Dealers

Jeff_D_2385

Oct 9, 2003
I went to Paul Baileys in East Greenwich, RI today to order my 2006 Mustang GT but the salesmen said that they don't do the X Plan on the mustangs, but I was there last week and the guy behind the counter said it's no problem.

Has anyone bought there car from Paul Baileys using the X Plan, or does anyone know of any dealers near Rhode Island that do accept it on the new mustangs?

• Sponsors (?)

You're going to have a tough time because the inventory on the Gts are so tight right now. They(dealership) can reject the x plan due to the fact that Ford only "encourages" the dealer to accept the plan and doesn't force them to do it. This is also true for the type of vehicle. I'm sure if you were to try to purchase a V6 they probably wouldn't have a problem. I bought my 04 Gt from Newport Ford last year with the X plan but a buddy of mine tried to purchase an 05 Gt this year and the same dealership turned him down. Try some Mass. dealerships maybe they have more inventory. :shrug:

x-plan I'm pretty sure can only be used for a car that is on the lot.... I know the real x-plan for employees states this... when we got our new truck we had to search all over becuase we had to take what was available... no ordering or dealer swaps on parts..

I was going to Tasca becaused Paul Baileys left me standing there for 1 1/2 hours past our scheduled appointment time.

But I went back with my dad again and they gave us the X Plan price on a 2006 GT so I'm happy now. I just hope they dont forget to oder it, they didn't seem like they knew what they were doing

There was no X Plan pricing on the 2005 Mustangs and as far as I know none for the 2006 yet.

I'm the internet mgr at a NJ dealer - see my sig for link.
We have no employee plans on any Mustangs as of yet.

If a dealer told you that you could purchase on the X Plan, get it in writing and make sure they draw up your buyers order on that price. I have seen every invoice on the Mustangs we have in stock or have ordered and there was no X, A or D plans on their pricing.

If anyone wants an 05/06 Mustang at MSRP w/no mark up shoot me an email [email protected] - that's what our dealership is doing for now. Everyone else in our area is getting at least $2K over MSRP :shrug: